How to share a document in different folders by only sharing a link of this document ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darkphoenix
Member II

How to share a document in different folders by only sharing a link of this document ?

Hello, 

My client would like to be able to share its documents in different folders but the real document will only be available in one folder and the rest of them will only be links of this document. 

I don't find that on the Alfresco of my client. Is it an add-on or something ? 

Thank you for your time. 

Regards, 

DP

1 Reply
loftux
Partner

Re: How to share a document in different folders by only sharing a link of this document ?

From version 5.2 you can use Copy action and then paste as a link. This creates a shortcut in the destination folder to the original file.

If you want a "true" linked item, then you need an addon. We have one at Loftux for Enterprise customers (commercial), or you can find it free in our custom build GitHub - loftuxab/alfresco-community-loftux: Alfresco Community by Loftux and GitHub - loftuxab/share-community-loftux: Alfresco Share Community Edition by Loftux AB 

You can see linking in action when used with Sharebox in the second video here Alfresco ShareBox | Loftux