How to synchronize files from desktop(specif path) to alfresco (specific path)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbedoui

How to synchronize files from desktop(specif path) to alfresco (specific path)

After enabling cifs with alfresco , i'm looking now to synchronize files from a specific location related to windows client to alfresco .

My question :  is there any add-on ,tools or protocole compatible with our alfresco version used Community - 5.0.0  in order to have a dynamic synchronisation between file on desktop and repository . 

Added to that how to specific the location of document in alfresco.

Thanks

5 Replies
mbedoui

Re: How to synchronize files from desktop(specif path) to alfresco (specific path)

Refer to bulk import tool documentation 

https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/concepts/Bulk-Import-Tool.html

It (optionally) replaces existing content items if they already exist in the repository, but does not delete. It is not designed to fully synchronize the repository with the local file system. 

So the operation will not be automatic and synchronized at every changes 

jpotts
Professional

Re: How to synchronize files from desktop(specif path) to alfresco (specific path)

The Bulk Import Tool requires content to be placed on the file system of the server, not the file system of the local user's desktop, so it is not sufficient for a desktop sync solution.

There was a community desktop sync product available for a while but I don't think anyone is maintaining it.

Enterprise customers can use the fully-supported desktop sync service.

There are some community-developed solutions for desktop sync (go look on addons), but I cannot vouch for any of them.

mbedoui

yes for sure yesterday i have realized an import to documentLibray via BulkImport and it works fine .

The source directory can be physically local to the server (i.e. stored on a directly attached hard drive, SSD drive, RAID array, etc.), or on a remote device that is mounted into the server's filesystem (e.g. NAS, SAN, iSCSI, etc.).

Preparing the Source Content · pmonks/alfresco-bulk-import Wiki · GitHub 

So what's the possibilty to workaround this issue in order to synchronize files from specific location on user session to alfresco server before launching the Bulk import 

Thanks

jpotts
Professional

There is no workaround. You'll have to either leverage something from the community or write it yourself.

mbedoui

using NAS solution will be a good alternative in order to synchronise files  else write a script (cronjob)  that transfer files to the server before make an import wirh Bulk