How to upload file to alfresco by email?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikash_patel
Established Member

How to upload file to alfresco by email?

Jump to solution

I wanted to upload files via email in Alfresco. I am using alfresco community 5.2 I have added inbound email properties in alfresco-global.properties file and i have followed all the steps and I sent an email as explained in below links But I am not able to receive any files in my alfresco

I have referred the links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17GkHsLdmc

http://keytocontent.blogspot.in/2010/05/upload-files-to-alfresco-via-email.html

Steps I have followed 1. set the properties in global properties

email.inbound.enabled=true email.server.enabled=true email.server.port=25 email.server.domain=vikash-laptop.com email.inbound.unknownUser=anonymous email.server.allowed.senders=.*
  1. created a user named as hello1 email id=> hello1@vikash-laptop.com added this user into EMAIL_Contributors group
  2. Created a site named as test site created a folder in Document Library Dropoff applied aspect email alias able added alias properties as dropoff so the my email address will be dropoff@vikash-laptop.com

tried to send email to dropoff@vikash-laptop.com and hello1@vikash-laptop.com both

Still i am not receiving any files which i have attached in email.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: How to upload file to alfresco by email?

Jump to solution

Hi again:

The direction is not correct.

Once, your user is set in EMAIL_CONTRIBUTORS with the gmail address, you have to add aspect "Alias emailable" in a given folder and add the property (i.e invoices). So, you virtually create an inbox for invoices with the address invoices@alfrescoserver.publicdomain.com (this your alfresco server instance, that now it is an email server with MX...).

And then you can send emails (with attachments) from patelvikash09@gmail.com to invoices@alfrescoserver.publicdomain.com

Regards.

--C. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Try using telnet: http://alfrescoblog.com/2014/08/07/alfresco-inbound-tutorial-and-telnet-instructions/ 

If it works, you need to configure your MX record for that server

Hyland Developer Evangelist
vikash_patel
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thanks Angel,
Yes using telnet its working.

vikash_patel
Established Member

Jump to solution

using telnet i am able to receive file in alfresco.
but i am not able to receive file by gmail's email.

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

So you need to configure your MX record.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
vikash_patel
Established Member

Jump to solution

I tried to configure  MX record using Postmark. But it was not working.

vikash_patel
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thanks Angel,

It would be more helpful if you
Can explain all the steps of this for how to configure it with alfresco?

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

Maybe this helps:

- If you want to send from gmail (from example a user neo@gmail.com) , you need to have an Alfresco user with this email inside EMAIL_CONTRIBUTORS group ? Do you ?

- For sending from gmail to vikash-laptop.com you need to have your Alfresco instance in a public Internet domain (besides of the MX settings commented)

Regards.

--C.

vikash_patel
Established Member

Jump to solution

Yes
First I created a test user and saved his email id as patelvikash09@gmail.com.
and added that user to EMAIL_CONTRIBUTORS group.
But when I am sending an email to patelvikash09@gmail.com then it is storing my mail on GMail server not in my alfresco.So,After that I tried with vikash-laptop.com which I have defined in my hosts file.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi again:

The direction is not correct.

Once, your user is set in EMAIL_CONTRIBUTORS with the gmail address, you have to add aspect "Alias emailable" in a given folder and add the property (i.e invoices). So, you virtually create an inbox for invoices with the address invoices@alfrescoserver.publicdomain.com (this your alfresco server instance, that now it is an email server with MX...).

And then you can send emails (with attachments) from patelvikash09@gmail.com to invoices@alfrescoserver.publicdomain.com

Regards.

--C.