I am conecting Alfresco 5.2 Enterprise trial version to an Oracle database. When I created a custom model I expected to see records in ALF_NAMESPACE and ALF_QNAME tables just as it happens with the postgress database. But I don't see this. I loaded my mod

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lalithad

I am conecting Alfresco 5.2 Enterprise trial version to an Oracle database. When I created a custom model I expected to see records in ALF_NAMESPACE and ALF_QNAME tables just as it happens with the postgress database. But I don't see this. I loaded my mod

I am part of a team that is upgrading from Alfresco 3.3 to 5.2.

At the moment we are having a go at just connecting Alfresco 5.2 to an Oracle database and getting it to work from our application. I loaded a custom model via the model manager. I tried this when using the default postgres database and everything worked well. But when I switched to the oracle database, I don't see the model details in the ALF_QNAME and ALF_NAMESPACE tables. Do I need to do anything special for Oracle. 

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: I am conecting Alfresco 5.2 Enterprise trial version to an Oracle database. When I created a custom model I expected to see records in ALF_NAMESPACE and ALF_QNAME tables just as it happens with the postgress database. But I don't see this. I loaded my

Entries in alf_qname and alf_namespace are only created if a namespace / qname is actually being used / referenced in another entity that has some sort of "qname_id" column in its table. E.g. when you create a node of a type from that model, or apply an aspect. Just the act of defining the model does not automatically create those data entries.

lalithad

Re: I am conecting Alfresco 5.2 Enterprise trial version to an Oracle database. When I created a custom model I expected to see records in ALF_NAMESPACE and ALF_QNAME tables just as it happens with the postgress database. But I don't see this. I loaded my

So the alf_qname and alf_namespace will only be populated if I add a document using this model?