I am using Alfresco community edition , can i create,update and delete a workflow task through REST api

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmar_husain1
Member II

I am using Alfresco community edition , can i create,update and delete a workflow task through REST api

How can i create a  work flow task through rest API ?

I have a method to fetch all the existing TASKS through REST API through

http://127.0.0.1:8080/alfresco/s/api/task-instances  

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: I am using Alfresco community edition , can i create,update and delete a workflow task through REST api

Unfortunately Alfresco up to 5.2 only had a bare ReST API when it came to workflows. With Alfresco 5.2 there is now a new v1 ReST API that includes a significantly enhanced workflow ReST API. You can take a look at the API definition document or investigate the API using the api-explorer against a running instance of Alfresco 5.2.

jpotts
Professional

Re: I am using Alfresco community edition , can i create,update and delete a workflow task through REST api

If you are using a version below 5.2 you can write a web script that leverages the native Alfresco workflow API or, if necessary, the lower-level Activiti API. Then you can call your web script remotely to create the workflow task.

douglascrp
Advanced II

We started working on a project to do just that when Alfresco removed the Workflow Console.

Here it is GitHub - douglascrp/alfresco-workflow-webscripts: Project implementing the missing workflows webscri...