I have installed Alfresco Community Edition on to CentOS with apache already running. The install went fine but can't connect to 8080. Thoughts?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbrown13

I have installed Alfresco Community Edition on to CentOS with apache already running. The install went fine but can't connect to 8080. Thoughts?

Jump to solution

CentOS 7.3.1611

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lbrown13

Re: I have installed Alfresco Community Edition on to CentOS with apache already running. The install went fine but can't connect to 8080. Thoughts?

Jump to solution

I couldn't connect to port 9090 until I added a rule in iptables

sudo iptables -I INPUT 7 -p tcp --dport 8080 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

View solution in original post

11 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: I have installed Alfresco Community Edition on to CentOS with apache already running. The install went fine but can't connect to 8080. Thoughts?

Jump to solution

Hello.

What do you mean?

Did you have an Tomcat instance running on the same server?

If is the case, then I believe the easy way to solve it would be to uninstall Alfreco and install it again, using a different port, like 9090.

lbrown13

Jump to solution

Yes, that is correct. However, it did not ask me what port to use when I installed Alfresco.

Thank you for your help!

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

You have to choose the Advanced install.

The basic one will use default ports.

lbrown13

Jump to solution

Ok, I uninstalled it and reinstalled and used port 9090 and I still can't connect. It times out.

lbrown13

Jump to solution

Any other thoughts or suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

Are you using the text mode?

I am asking this because that is what I know better, and I know it offers the option to set the custom port.

Would you mind copying all the setup process text and sharing it here?

lbrown13

Jump to solution

Yes, I am using text mode.

Sure! Thank you again for your help!

I upload the file alfresco-community-installer-201707-linux-x64.bin via FTP to the server.

went to the directory it was uploaded to and used the command

./alfresco-community-installer-201707-linux-x64.bin to install

it ran the set up. The first time I did it, I chose the simple install

and when that didn't work, I followed your directions and uninstalled it

and then reinstalled it. This time, I chose the advanced install and selected

different ports. I chose 9090 as the main port. The install completed 

and didn't show any errors and started running, but I can't connect to it.

http://10.1.12.225:9090  is the url but it times out.

Apache still works and is up and running.

Thanks again!

Larry

afell
Member II

Jump to solution

netstat -an | grep 9090

anybody listening there?

check

/opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

for details. There are lot of info obviously.

lbrown13

Jump to solution

netstat -an | grep 9090
tcp6 0 0 :::9090 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 1 0 127.0.0.1:44138 127.0.0.1:9090 CLOSE_WAIT