I need to completely export/ all Alfresco sites and content maintaining UUID's for everything. Is there a way to do this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
portalguy
Member II

I need to completely export/ all Alfresco sites and content maintaining UUID's for everything. Is there a way to do this?

I need to export everything to some sort of archive file (ACP, ZIP) so I can burn it to a DVD for off-site, long-term storage/archival.

Does Alfresco offer anything that can fully export sites and files (including their UID's) and then import them to create a restore point?  I've got multiple external systems using Alfresco as their file store so the UID's must be maintained. 

6 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: I need to completely export/ all Alfresco sites and content maintaining UUID's for everything. Is there a way to do this?

Is a Backup of DB, Contentstore and Alfresco APP enough? Such a backup could be restored in a virtual machine.

To reimport special files back into your original repo, you can export them as ACP from the backup machine and reimport them with uuidBinding REPLACE_EXISTING...

jayesh_prajapat
Established Member

Re: I need to completely export/ all Alfresco sites and content maintaining UUID's for everything. Is there a way to do this?

Hi 
You may want to check out following link, 

Export and Import Tools 

Export data from alfresco using Bulk Export plugin 

I hope this link will help you to finalize approach Smiley Happy

cesarista
Customer

Martin Ehe Do you know a better aprox. than ACPs ? When you have big repos, you should generate many ACP's and then to pray and import them. It seems quite tedious. For this task it would be very nice that Filesystem Bulk Import module was able to import sys-uuid metadata

Regards.

--C.

mehe
Senior Member II

Hi - yes the acp Export is only suitable for smaller amounts of content... I never tried Jayesh Prajapati‌s tool, but this sounds promising.

cesarista
Customer

I used the Filesystem Bulk Export Tool, it was presented on Devcon. It is quite useful, for Bulk Export and Import in other environment. But the problem would be relating sys-uuids when importing.

Regards.

--C.

mehe
Senior Member II

Re: I need to completely export/ all Alfresco sites and content maintaining UUID's for everything.  Is there a way to do this?

So we should improve the Bulk Import :-)   Sounds like a good addon for the order of the bee tools