I want to display total No. of pages of the uploaded document in the document library i.e. next to the title name of my uploaded document. How can i do this? Someone please answer this ASAP.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajiv8495

I want to display total No. of pages of the uploaded document in the document library i.e. next to the title name of my uploaded document. How can i do this? Someone please answer this ASAP.

Hi all,

I am trying to display total number of pages next to the the title of the document itself in the document library.

I am quite new to alfresco. Can someone please help me out in this??

I want to display it next to the version number in the document library.

I am using alfresco version 5.xx

Thanks in advance,

Rajiv

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: I want to display total No. of pages of the uploaded document in the document library i.e. next to the title name of my uploaded document. How can i do this? Someone please answer this ASAP.

What kind of documents do you want to handle? Depending on the type of file uploaded to Alfresco you will need to be able to analyse its internal structure and actually count the pages. There is no such functionality in Alfresco at this time. The tools necessary to do that kind of analysis are also different for different formats, e.g. Microsoft Word vs. Excel vs. PowerPoint vs. PDF vs. LibreOffice etc. etc.

Displaying the number of pages will be quite simple as soon as the information is mapped to a property on the node, but getting that information out of the document will involve quite extensive customisation on the Repository tier if you need to support many different file types.