I would be glad to know if we have an alfresco way of renaming folder with the same(provided) name recursively when different users associated with a common user with JavaAPI ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmr_chinmai
Member II

I would be glad to know if we have an alfresco way of renaming folder with the same(provided) name recursively when different users associated with a common user with JavaAPI ?

I have a simple program that can create folders when users are linked to other users. I am at a point where when I tried renaming the profile(firstName/lastName/middleName) of the user with the multiple folders with the same name as his profile/account at the time of account creation failed to update the created folders. 

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: I would be glad to know if we have an alfresco way of renaming folder with the same(provided) name recursively when different users associated with a common user with JavaAPI ?

I do not understand your question / problem. Would you mind rephrasing it, and if you have errors / exceptions blocking your progress, provide these as well (i.e. log output / stacktraces).

vmr_chinmai
Member II

Re: I would be glad to know if we have an alfresco way of renaming folder with the same(provided) name recursively when different users associated with a common user with JavaAPI ?

Thanks for writing.
Sorry for the delay.
Actually there is no error as such at this point of time. The Point where i am having a concern is that 
1) Is there any possible endpoint or such exposed to alter the file's name and displayname which are the properties which can be changed(modified/updated) from the alfresco share properties dialog.
2) The changes to the 'foldername' is not reflecting to the links created further to the folder in view. Could not any such information in the documentation. I was only able to find information related to sites when querying about links.