I would like documentation covering validation/verification of Alfresco Community 5.0c. Is there any available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knaptonp
Member II

I would like documentation covering validation/verification of Alfresco Community 5.0c. Is there any available?

Jump to solution

We plan to use Alfresco Community 5.0c as the back-end for a pharmacy Content Management System. Because it is for pharmacy, we are bound by EU Good Manufacturing Practice regulations. These require that:

1.The regulated user [i.e. me] should take all reasonable steps to ensure that the system has been developed in accordance with an appropriate quality management system.

2.There should be  validation documentation to cover the design of the software.

So do you use a Quality Management System in your development, and can you send me any documentation detailing validation/verification of your software.

Many thanks

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: I would like documentation covering validation/verification of Alfresco Community 5.0c. Is there any available?

Jump to solution

If you intend to use the Alfresco Community Edition, it is unlikely that you will get any kind of commercial support from Alfresco, which includes providing you with any formal information that would help you deal with relevant regulations. Bear in mind that this is primarily a community platform and not a direct interface / channel for contacting the vendor (Alfresco) with regards to business matters. For that there will usually be regional sales contacts that deal with such questions (though as I said in the context of Alfresco Enterprise).

Of course Alfresco is using some sort of quality management system for their internal development, testing and verification, especially for the Alfresco Enteprrise Edition (or Alfresco One), which has a dedicated QA cycle before being released. Enterprise releases will typically be 3+ months after Community Edition releases.

I am wondering though why you would want to use an outdated version of Alfresco Community Edition, and not even the final version of its specific release version. The latest version for 5.0 would be 5.0.d. The current version would be 5.2 (201704 GA - I believe).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: I would like documentation covering validation/verification of Alfresco Community 5.0c. Is there any available?

Jump to solution

If you intend to use the Alfresco Community Edition, it is unlikely that you will get any kind of commercial support from Alfresco, which includes providing you with any formal information that would help you deal with relevant regulations. Bear in mind that this is primarily a community platform and not a direct interface / channel for contacting the vendor (Alfresco) with regards to business matters. For that there will usually be regional sales contacts that deal with such questions (though as I said in the context of Alfresco Enterprise).

Of course Alfresco is using some sort of quality management system for their internal development, testing and verification, especially for the Alfresco Enteprrise Edition (or Alfresco One), which has a dedicated QA cycle before being released. Enterprise releases will typically be 3+ months after Community Edition releases.

I am wondering though why you would want to use an outdated version of Alfresco Community Edition, and not even the final version of its specific release version. The latest version for 5.0 would be 5.0.d. The current version would be 5.2 (201704 GA - I believe).