Image Magic configuration issue on Windows 10 (64 bit) - what is the path of "alfresco-global.properties" file ? I found a lot many "alfresco-global.properties" files

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santoshd
Member II

Image Magic configuration issue on Windows 10 (64 bit) - what is the path of "alfresco-global.properties" file ? I found a lot many "alfresco-global.properties" files

I found a lot many "alfresco-global.properties" files  like - 

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\customizations\iti-kafka-repo-amp\src\main\resources\alfresco\module\iti-kafka-repo-amp\alfresco-global.properties

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\customizations\iti-kafka-repo-amp\src\test\properties\local\alfresco-global.properties

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\src\test\properties\local\alfresco-global.properties

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\target\platform-war\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\module\alfresco-share-services\alfresco-global.properties

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\customizations\iti-repo-amp\target\classes\alfresco\module\iti-repo-amp\alfresco-global.properties

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\target\platform-war\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\module\de.fme.alfresco.JavascriptConsole-repo\alfresco-global.properties

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\target\platform-war\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\module\alfresco-share-services\alfresco-global.properties

and many more....

Which is the correct path of  -  alfresco-global.properties  file for configuring ImageMagick options.

Kindly reply soon and help my understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh.

3 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Image Magic configuration issue on Windows 10 (64 bit) -  what is the path of  "alfresco-global.properties" file ? I found a lot many "alfresco-global.properties" files

For Alfresco installation path for alfresco-global.properties would be: $ALFRESCO_HOME/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties

Image magic properties:

img.root=<installation_path>\\imagemagick
img.coders=${img.root}\\modules\\coders
img.config=${img.root}
img.exe=${img.root}\\convert.exe

For the SDK (As i can see in your post), you can use either this path: 

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\customizations\iti-kafka-repo-amp\src\main\resources\alfresco\module\iti-kafka-repo-amp\alfresco-global.properties

which keeps the properties at module level and gets included in the amp after build. 

Or if you are using some properties for testing purposes only during development, then you can use: 

D:\WORK_ITI_ALFRESCO\iti-alfresco\customizations\iti-kafka-repo-amp\src\test\properties\local\alfresco-global.properties

You can ignore others. 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
santoshd
Member II

Re: Image Magic configuration issue on Windows 10 (64 bit) - what is the path of "alfresco-global.properties" file ? I found a lot many "alfresco-global.properties" files

Thanks a lot Abhinav for the inputs.

I come across a issue while implementing above setup - 

I installed ImageMagic on my Windows 10.

I see following folder structure of ImageMagick setup - 

I don't see the folders mentioned by you -  modules\\coders  and convert.exe  etc.

Is this a issue with ImageMagic setup ?  I have run the installer from ImageMagick site succeessfully.

Kindly reply and suggest further.

Regards,

Santosh.

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Image Magic configuration issue on Windows 10 (64 bit) - what is the path of "alfresco-global.properties" file ? I found a lot many "alfresco-global.properties" files

The properties which i mentioned above comes with Alfresco OOTB if you install using installer. However you can override these properties if required. 

If you want to use imagic magic within your SDK. Then you can add same properties in any of the properties files as mentioned above depending on your preference. 

As per your installation, the same properties will be like:

img.root=C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16
img.config=${img.root}
img.coders=${img.root}/modules/coders
img.dyn=${img.root}
img.exe=${img.root}/convert

Please note that, path like C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16 can cause problems on Windows environment because of space between Program and Files. I have seen this issue with Windows 7, not sure about Windows 10. 

So, better to install image magic in any folder which doesn't have spaces within their names. 

e.g. C:/ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16

In custom installed image magic also you should see modules/coders at similar path as mentioned above. The folder is available in version: ImageMagick-7.0.5-Q16. I am not sure about your version you have installed.

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)