cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dshookowsky
Active Member II

Imagemagick/gswin32c and alfresco-pdf-renderer

Jump to solution

I'm using alfresco community edition 5.2.4 5.2.f  (manually installed).  When I upload a document and mouse over it, I can see in the logs "Failed to perform ImageMagick transformation" and "convert.exe FailedToExecuteCommand "gswin32c.exe"

I know that ImageMagick needs ghost script to convert a PDF to a PNG, but I'm confused why I need ImageMagick at all if I have alfresco-pdf-renderer configured.

in alfresco-global-properties, I have:

img.root: E:\\alfresco\\imagemagick

img.exe: ${img.root\\convert.exe

alfresco-pdf-renderer.root: e:\\alfresco\\bin

alfresco-pdf-renderer.exe: ${alfresco-pdf-renderer.root}\\alfresco-pdf-renderer

Why is alfresco still using imagemagick for PDF conversion and not using the alfresco-pdf-renderer?

(edited to correct version)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dshookowsky
Active Member II

Re: Imagemagick/gswin32c and alfresco-pdf-renderer

Jump to solution

I downloaded alfresco-platform-5.2.g.war and that resolved the issue.  It appears that the alfresco-platform-5.2.f.war is unaware of the alfresco-pdf-renderer.  

Note:  If I explicitly installed ghostscript in windows, the transform worked fine.  It was only when attempting to use imagemagick with ghostscript files copied locally that the transform would fail.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dshookowsky
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I think I may have stumbled onto the issue.  I actually have 5.2.0.  I don't think it knows about the PDF renderer.

dshookowsky
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I downloaded alfresco-platform-5.2.g.war and that resolved the issue.  It appears that the alfresco-platform-5.2.f.war is unaware of the alfresco-pdf-renderer.  

Note:  If I explicitly installed ghostscript in windows, the transform worked fine.  It was only when attempting to use imagemagick with ghostscript files copied locally that the transform would fail.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

You specified in your original question that you were using Alfresco Community 5.2.4 - such a version does not exist. Community never uses a version with three numeric elements. Any Community 5.2 version will display 5.2.0 because the single letter is only a "label" and not reflected in the version number. Only the schema version may be different (but isn't guaranteed to be).

Glad you figured out this is a limitation of the 5.2.f version, which did not yet contain the functionality to call the pdfrenderer utility.