Import and Export

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsk65

Import and Export

Jump to solution

I have Alfresco Community Edition 5.2 (x86_64 Linux RHEL 7.5)

I am a newb here and my question(s), I hope, are quite simple:

• I have a requirement to share data with two other platforms--SharePoint and Box.  Somehow, I must be able to do this in a somewhat automated/scripted way.  My situation is this; don't make any expenditures if at all possible and design it so it can be done programmatically in a script of some type
  • I'm not against using any proven and usable tools contained in SharePoint and/or Box to aid me in this endeavor--whatever works!
  • I am going to assume for a moment that using the ACP format is intrinsic to the Alfresco product and will only get in my way in this case...?
  • Generically speaking, can I import/export files, (docx, xlsx, etc.), in or out of the Alfresco environment?
1 Solution
3 Replies
sercama
Active Member II

Re: Import and Export

Jump to solution

Hi Leo Kennedy‌,

Alfresco has a out-of-the-box tool named Alfresco bulk which let import/export documents between Alfresco and an external application.

You can find more information about it in the following link https://community.alfresco.com/docs/DOC-7539-bulk-filesystem-export-tool?q=alfresco%20bulk 

Regards,

Sergio.

lsk65

Re: Import and Export

Jump to solution

Dear Sanjay,

I just wanted to take the time to thank you very much! You see, I have had no exposure to Alfresco prior to about a week ago.

With the new role I am in, it was dropped on my desk to be accomplished as a major project. I figured there would be many options out there, but thought it would be wiser to ask the community and get a professional and experienced opinion from someone just like you. Thanks again, and I hope one day I can return the favor to you or the community at large…

Sincerely,

Leo