Import from excel to Datalist how?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraljek

Import from excel to Datalist how?

Hi,

after I success create few datalist in alfresco with much help of guys from ContCentric, now interesting me how I can import excel sheets in datalist?  Any idea?

I have about 200-1000 rows to prescribe in one table, C/P one by one. I have about 10 tables. Every table have 5-10 colums.

Thx

Tomislav

4 Replies
kaynezhang
Advanced

Re: Import from excel to Datalist how?

I'm afraid there is no such function available as far as I know.
I think you can customize a java backed webscript to implement your requirement.
Your java class can inherit from org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.DeclarativeSpreadsheetWebScript,and you can use webscript /slingshot/datalists/list/site/{site}/{container}/{list} as an example on how to implement it.

jpotts
Professional

I would use Groovy, Python, or Java to do this. All of those languages have good libraries for parsing CSV files, which can easily be created from a spreadsheet. And they all work well with CMIS which can create data lists and data list items.

hiten_rastogi1
Established Member

Hi Tomo,

Please look at this documentation that provide a way through alfresco JAVA API to put value in the datalist. You can modify the input to excel/csv file for your case and as suggested by Jeff Potts parse the csv and then insert the value in the datalist.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Hello.

Just to add to the other answers, you can take a look at this ootb funcionality Uploading multiple users | Alfresco Documentation 

This is used to import users from a csv file.

I believe that can be a good source of ideas. Try to identify how it was implemented and use it as a starting point.