In Eclipse M2E, error in using Alfresco Maven SDK to create custom model AMPs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sepgs2004
Established Member

In Eclipse M2E, error in using Alfresco Maven SDK to create custom model AMPs

I would like to create AMP files for my custom model.

I have been following Jeff Pott's article in doing so. I apologize to use Jeff's name here. No wrong intention.

I had been successfully creating custom AMPs for our models. All these time, I was doing kind of command line maven approach.

Now, I wanted to do the same using Eclipse IDE. This is easier to check in and out our project in Git.

I have Eclipse Oxygen 2. It has M2E plugin installed in this. May be the plugin was already there.

In this IDE, I created a maven project with archetype: alfresco-allinone-archetype

In this project, after creating my model xml, and registering the same with the Spring bean, I ran Eclipse "Run As"  'mvn install'. I did this on the platform-jar folder (to create the repo-tier AMP).

Under the project, in my platform-jar, in the pom.xml, I also have the maven-assembly-plugin uncommented as recommended by the article.

It rather created a JAR file in the target folder. 

When I open the pom.xml, I see this error on the <parent>. 

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.zeroturnaround:jrebel-maven-plugin:1.1.6:generate (execution: generate-rebel-xml, phase: process-resources)

In the parent pom, I was taken to this location upon clicking a suggestion. Here is the extract.

<!-- Hot reloading with JRebel -->
<plugin>
<groupId>org.zeroturnaround</groupId>
<artifactId>jrebel-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${jrebel.version}</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>generate-rebel-xml</id>
<phase>process-resources</phase>
<goals>
<goal>generate</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>

There appears to be two issues for me. I do not know if they are related. 

1. I could not get the AMP file. I got only the JAR file.

2. This jrebel plugin related error

Gnanasekaran Sakthivel
1 Reply
sepgs2004
Established Member

Re: In Eclipse M2E, error in using Alfresco Maven SDK!

I am now able to create the AMP file. I had to uncomment the maven-assmebly-plugin in the main pom.xml. I thought that it is the pom.xml under the platform-jar. But the main project level pom.xml had this plugin commented. Once I uncommented, it created the AMP file.

However, I still have this error in my platform-jar and share-jar pom.xml

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.zeroturnaround:jrebel-maven-plugin:1.1.6:generate (execution: generate-rebel-xml, phase: process-resources)

Since I am able to generate AMP file, let me use it and see if I am good.

I am getting a sense that this is more of a maven end question, rather than alfresco!

However, is there any way we can get rid of this pom.xml error?

Gnanasekaran Sakthivel