Inbound Mail - adress matching

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uwe_wolfinger
Customer

Inbound Mail - adress matching

when sending mails to alfresco, alfresco matches the Email adress of the sender to an adress of an alfresco user. If no user ist found, than an error "nouser" is not in the group of email_contributors. The problem is, that matching is strict (case sensitive), which means that if the sender adress is Mike.Test@test.com it will not match against mike.test@test.com (which is the mail adress of an existing Alfresco user) and an error is thrown.

Is there a way to configure the matching process, i.e. that the mail adress is first transformed to lowercase? Or has this always to be case sensitive?

3 Replies
kintu_barot

Re: Inbound Mail - adress matching

I hope you have set all the following properties in alfresco-global.properties:

email.inbound.enabled=true
email.server.enabled=true
email.server.port=25
email.server.domain=your.domain.com
email.inbound.unknownUser=anonymous
email.server.allowed.senders=.*

You also will have to add an email alias aspect on the folder where you want to receive the email.

This has worked well for me.

Regards,
Kintu
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @uwe_wolfinger,

If I understand your issue correctly, you can setup Alfresco to do people lookups case-insensitive. Then, in this thread it's suggested that username/email should be lowercase by default.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
uwe_wolfinger
Customer

unfortunately this doesn't hit my problem exactly.

Let me giv an example:

Assuming an Alfresco User:

Name: John Doe

EMail: john.doe@alfresco.com

Within Alfresco, inbound email is setup correclty and works, also the email alias is set.

When Alfresco receives a mail with:

to: John.Doe@alfresco.com

then Alfresco will reject that mail, as the mail address John.Doe@alfresco.com (to address) does not match john.doe@alfresco.com (mail of the Alfresco user).

So it seems, that the comparison between the addresses is done case sensitive. The question is, if there is a point, where this can be configured to work in a case insensitive way.