Inbound Mail Configuration Alfresco 5.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahuld
Active Member II

Inbound Mail Configuration Alfresco 5.2

I have set up the configuration as suggested in the documentation Inbound SMTP configuration properties | Alfresco Documentation and tried to do the example as suggested for inbound adding user to EMAIL Contributors and all that process. I am trying out this on my local system and I have got no errors to explain it further in the logs.

I even cannot see the admin console to set up IMAP service configuration as suggested in the documents Enabling the IMAP Service using the Admin Console | Alfresco Documentation 

Following are the properties which i have used for Inbound.

# InBound Gmail settings
email.inbound.unknownUser=anonymous
email.inbound.enabled=true
email.server.enabled=true
email.server.port=25
email.server.domain=imap.gmail.com
email.server.allowed.senders=.*

Can anyone suggest me where I am going incorrect? Suggestions, please.

alfresco-email‌ alfresco-configuration‌ Alfresco‌

3 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: Inbound Mail Configuration Alfresco 5.2

I see you have set the port to 25. Are you running Alfresco as root? If not, Alfresco cannot bind to port 25 because it is a privileged port. So if you are running as non-root, which you should be, this will have to be set to something higher, like 1025, and then you'll need to create a firewall port forwarding rule to forward SMTP traffic inbound from port 25 to port 1025.

Next, how does your email know to get to your Alfresco server? Have you created an MX record for your Alfresco server and domain so that it will be routed? If not, and some other server is the mail exchange for your email, has it been configured to route mail to the Alfresco server?

Have you checked to see if Alfresco is listening for SMTP traffic on the inbound SMTP port?

Have you opened up a thick email client, such as Mozilla Thunderbird and configured the outbound SMTP to point to your Alfresco server? This is a great way to test whether or not the Alfresco part of the equation is working.

Also, you probably need to set:

email.server.domain=your.alfresco.server.domain.tld email.server.allowed.senders=.*

Finally, make sure the sender's email address is on an authorized Alfresco user's person document, make sure that person is in the EMAIL_CONTRIBUTORS group, and make sure the sender has write access to whatever folder you are sending the email to.

rahuld
Active Member II

Thanks for replying Jeff.

Now it working using the thunder-bird client. The changes I did to the configuration are as follow. 

I don't think the mentioned configurations in the Alfresco documentation are enough for inbound.

Inbound SMTP configuration properties | Alfresco Documentation

Below are the properties which make possible to work on my local system.

email.inbound.enabled=true
email.server.enabled=true
email.server.port=25
email.server.domain=…
email.server.hideTLS=false
email.server.enableTLS=false
email.server.requireTLS=false
email.inbound.unknownUser=anonymous
email.server.allowed.senders=.* 

And thanks again Jeff

I will progress ahead to make it work without using any client. Let me know if there is any change in the process or in the configuration.

rahuld
Active Member II

Adding one more configuration point for routing emails from the thunder-bird to alfresco server.

Changes the Thunderbird configuration, Display the ThunderBird Menu --> Preferences --> Account Setting --> Outgoing Server and edit configuration as shown the image.

ThunderBird