Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttrn
Member II

Increase embedded activiti engine version

Jump to solution

Hello.

I`m new in Alfresco and I have some not very smart questions Smiley Happy

I use Alfresco Community 5.2 created by alfresco-allinone-archetype and it contains embedded activiti 5.19.0.3. I think this activiti engine is bad because this version has some thread safety troubles with delegate expression fields, but hasn`t got DelegateHelper class.

1. Can I increase embedded activiti version to 5.22 or maybe 6.0? And how can I do it?

2. Or maybe I can use standalone activiti engine (5.22, 6.0) for developing and production?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Increase embedded activiti engine version

Jump to solution

Technically, you could of course update the embedded Activiti engine library to the latest 5.x, but this would be completely unsupported. Alfresco includes schema validation / bootstrapping functionality and might be able to properly handle an updated version of the Activiti library.

Though you can use the standalone Activiti engine to develop / test pure Activiti workflows, but for developing workflows within Alfresco Content Services you cannot currently use the standalone Activiti engine (the Enterprise Edition has a Connector module to work with Alfresco Process Services, which is a standalone, Activiti-based process server).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Increase embedded activiti engine version

Jump to solution

Technically, you could of course update the embedded Activiti engine library to the latest 5.x, but this would be completely unsupported. Alfresco includes schema validation / bootstrapping functionality and might be able to properly handle an updated version of the Activiti library.

Though you can use the standalone Activiti engine to develop / test pure Activiti workflows, but for developing workflows within Alfresco Content Services you cannot currently use the standalone Activiti engine (the Enterprise Edition has a Connector module to work with Alfresco Process Services, which is a standalone, Activiti-based process server).