Index the document

I am new to alfresco

i use alfresco community edition

i want to index a word document and also image

can i explain how i achive this

5 Replies
jljwoznica

Re: Index the document

are you using Alfresco Content or Process?

Mahesha
Active Member II

Content 

jljwoznica

Can you provide an little more information? You want to add a document and have it full text indexed and also generated into an image file?

Mahesha
Active Member II

Hi @jljwoznica 

1. scan a bulk of  document and get images and then i need to upload them to alfresco

2.and also i need to upload bulk of non readable pdf to alfresco

3.i need to name/index both type of document to easy searching purpose

can you please help me to solve this problem

Capture.PNG

jljwoznica

Ok - so these are image files that are not in readable format (OCRed). Alfresco does not provide those tools out of the box, but there are plenty of options. You can integrate with another tool, like AWS Textract (I am not sure of your architecture - on premise or cloud, etc.). You can also use transformations to perform OCR with other tools. 

However, based on what you are trying to do, the best method might be a capture (ingestion) provider - like Ephesoft. These tools can be trained to find specific information (by zone or surrounded text) and then optical character recognize the information and either save that at full text or apply the information found into particular custom metadata fields.

However, you will need another product to work in conjunction with Alfresco - or at least that is my experience.