cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upforsin

Index unrecoverable error

Jump to solution

Hello,

since a couple of days, I'm getting an "Index tracking batch hit an unrecoverable error " log in the SOLR 6.6.5 (search services 1.3.0.1).

2021-02-11 22:49:31.749 WARN (SolrTrackingPool-alfresco-ContentTracker-2) [ ] o.a.s.t.AbstractWorkerRunnable Index tracking batch hit an unrecoverable error
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 01121205 GetTextContentResponse return status is 500 at org.alfresco.solr.client.SOLRAPIClient.getTextContent(SOLRAPIClient.java:1119) at org.alfresco.solr.SolrInformationServer.addContentPropertyToDocUsingAlfrescoRepository(SolrInformationServer.java:3387) at org.alfresco.solr.SolrInformationServer.addContentToDoc(SolrInformationServer.java:3374) at org.alfresco.solr.SolrInformationServer.updateContentToIndexAndCache(SolrInformationServer.java:3306) at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.ContentTracker$ContentIndexWorkerRunnable.doWork(ContentTracker.java:154) at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.AbstractWorkerRunnable.run(AbstractWorkerRunnable.java:45) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

In the alfresco.log I can also see the error, it is printed after org/alfresco/repository/solr/nodeContent.get webscript is executed.

2021-02-11 23:07:00,546 DEBUG [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime] [https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-18] Web Script org/alfresco/repository/solr/nodeContent.get executed in 11.518096ms
2021-02-11 23:07:00,546 ERROR [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime] [https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-18] Exception from executeScript: 01110232 Exception in Transaction.
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 01110232 Exception in Transaction.
	at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:536)
	at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer.transactionedExecute(RepositoryContainer.java:587)
	at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer.transactionedExecuteAs(RepositoryContainer.java:656)
	at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer.executeScriptInternal(RepositoryContainer.java:355)
	at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer.executeScript(RepositoryContainer.java:308)
	at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime.executeScript(AbstractRuntime.java:399)
	at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime.executeScript(AbstractRuntime.java:210)
	at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.servlet.WebScriptServlet.service(WebScriptServlet.java:132)
	at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.AlfrescoWebScriptServlet.service(AlfrescoWebScriptServlet.java:43)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
	at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
	at org.alfresco.module.aosmodule.service.ContextRootFilter.doFilter(ContextRootFilter.java:93)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at org.alfresco.web.scripts.servlet.X509ServletFilterBase.doFilter(X509ServletFilterBase.java:144)
	at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.GlobalLocalizationFilter.doFilter(GlobalLocalizationFilter.java:68)
	at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.ClearSecurityContextFilter.doFilter(ClearSecurityContextFilter.java:53)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:202)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:526)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:74)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:408)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:860)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1589)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.toString(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/nio/charset/Charset;)Ljava/lang/String;
	at org.apache.tika.parser.pkg.ZipContainerDetector.detectOpenDocument(ZipContainerDetector.java:182)
	at org.apache.tika.parser.pkg.ZipContainerDetector.detectZipFormat(ZipContainerDetector.java:134)
	at org.apache.tika.parser.pkg.ZipContainerDetector.detect(ZipContainerDetector.java:88)
	at org.apache.tika.detect.CompositeDetector.detect(CompositeDetector.java:84)
	at org.alfresco.repo.content.MimetypeMap.detectType(MimetypeMap.java:721)
	at org.alfresco.repo.content.MimetypeMap.detectType(MimetypeMap.java:671)
	at org.alfresco.repo.content.MimetypeMap.getMimetypeIfNotMatches(MimetypeMap.java:788)
	at org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.AbstractContentTransformer2.transform(AbstractContentTransformer2.java:338)
	at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.solr.NodeContentGet.execute(NodeContentGet.java:214)
	at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer$3.execute(RepositoryContainer.java:512)
	at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:450)
	... 42 more

Do you have any idea what can cause this issue? For now, everything seems to be working as usual but it produces tens of thousands of logs per day and I'm concerned that something might stop working.

I tried the full reindex, I called action=FIX API, nothing helps. In the SOLR report, everything seems to be alright.

I noticed that this error is printed dozen times every 20 minutes

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
upforsin

Re: Index unrecoverable error

Jump to solution

@sufo There seems to be an issue with .odt files - none of the newly uploaded files can be previewed. I don't use Docker (manual installation).

I can see soffice.bin is running and the previews of i.e. the .docx or .doc files are working.

Anyway, thanks for helping me to solve this out. Now at least I know that this is mostly only about previewing files.

EDIT. I've found the issue. It was about the custom AMP which had a batik-bridge dependency. After removing the batik-bridge dependency (I tried version 1.13 and 1.14) it works again!

So once more, be aware of the org.apache.xmlgraphics.batik-bridge in your Alfresco projects!

And thank you @sufo for your time, you helped me a lot Smiley Very Happy

EDIT2. Seems like batik-bridge is breaking some commons-io dependency. Adding commons-io dependency also fixed the issue.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer

View solution in original post

upforsin

Jump to solution

Well.. to be honest, I do not think that it is the right solution. It looks like there is a mismatch between commons-io versions.

I need the batik-bridge library for JasperReports library, so for now I strictly added commons-io version 2.4 dependency (it looks like some of the components require at least version 2.3). It also fixed the issue but I'm worried that it broke something else. 

@EddieMay do you know which apache commons-io version should I add? Which version is used by Alfresco components?

howkymike
Alfresco Developer

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sufo
Established Member II

Jump to solution

This seems to be about full-text search (content indexing). Solr tries to get text representation of content to index it. Seems that it is trying to process some zip file. Did you enable transformer.Archive.includeContents=true?
https://docs.alfresco.com/search-enterprise1.3/concepts/search-fts-config.html (bottom of the page)

upforsin

Jump to solution

@sufo thank you for the answer but no, the only transformer-related properties I have are about maxSourceSizeKBytes.

But you might be right, maybe it is about a less known, "some kind of an archive" file extension. Do you know how can I check which file is causing the issue?

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
sufo
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Provided, that you are running repo on Tomcat, you should have localhost_access_log files in your logs directory. Search there for urls like this /alfresco/s/api/solr/textContent?nodeId=xxx which have 500 (error) at second to last position.
Something like this:

192.168.7.18 - - [12/Feb/2021:15:45:40 +0000] "GET /alfresco/service/api/solr/aclchangesets?fromTime=1613144730001&toTime=1613151930001&maxResults=2000 HTTP/1.1" 500 127

The nodeId is sys:node-dbid so you have to find out the noderef from it. Use node browser FTS query: DBID:xxx
dbid-search.png

upforsin

Jump to solution

@sufo well, I did not know about that, thank you.

All  .odt  files (Mimetype: OpenDocument Text (OpenOffice 2.0)) are throwing 500 error. Some of them can not be previewed, some of them can. I'm quite confused now Smiley Surprised

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
sufo
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Are you running docker istallation? Check if the alfresco-libreoffice container is running.
Another test: Upload new .odt document and see if you see pdf preview in its details.

upforsin

Jump to solution

@sufo There seems to be an issue with .odt files - none of the newly uploaded files can be previewed. I don't use Docker (manual installation).

I can see soffice.bin is running and the previews of i.e. the .docx or .doc files are working.

Anyway, thanks for helping me to solve this out. Now at least I know that this is mostly only about previewing files.

EDIT. I've found the issue. It was about the custom AMP which had a batik-bridge dependency. After removing the batik-bridge dependency (I tried version 1.13 and 1.14) it works again!

So once more, be aware of the org.apache.xmlgraphics.batik-bridge in your Alfresco projects!

And thank you @sufo for your time, you helped me a lot Smiley Very Happy

EDIT2. Seems like batik-bridge is breaking some commons-io dependency. Adding commons-io dependency also fixed the issue.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @upforsin 

Great that you got your problem resolved & thanks for accepting the solution and adding the extra information - really useful to ther users.

Kind regards,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
upforsin

Jump to solution

Well.. to be honest, I do not think that it is the right solution. It looks like there is a mismatch between commons-io versions.

I need the batik-bridge library for JasperReports library, so for now I strictly added commons-io version 2.4 dependency (it looks like some of the components require at least version 2.3). It also fixed the issue but I'm worried that it broke something else. 

@EddieMay do you know which apache commons-io version should I add? Which version is used by Alfresco components?

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @upforsin 

It's looking like 2.4. There's also this to check against.

HTH

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!