Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wkamdem
Member II

Installing AMP delete share and alfresco apps in tomcat-webapps

Jump to solution

Hello,

am using alfresco community 5.2. after installing an alfresco module package using the "apply_amps.bat", the share and alfresco applications are gone. after restarting tomcat the applications share and alfresco appears again. thus all my customizations (such as custom background color, custom logo, etc) i've done in share are gone. 

is that another way to install an AMP (alfresco module package) without losing all custom changes?

Best regards

William

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kalpesh_c2

Re: Installing AMP delete share and alfresco apps in tomcat-webapps

Jump to solution

Hi wkamdem,

The answer to your first question is YES, it is possible to package login page customization in AMP.

For more check this thread https://community.alfresco.com/thread/233401-how-can-i-remove-the-alfresco-name-in-login-page

Answer to your second question is also YES - you can have new Alfresco instance with all the old contents and its associated metadata (Database).

You can make copy of contentStore and deletedContentStore folders from alf_data, and replace them in new instance.

Make sure that you have to backup your database and restore it to new instance.

For more refer standard docs Backing up and restoring the repository | Alfresco Documentation 

Thanks,

Kalpesh,

ContCentric

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

This is the expected behaviour when installing AMP files via appy_amps script. Please note that customizations or modifications never have to be placed under tomcat/webapps directories, because a re-deploy of the wars (or an AMP install) may result in this type of problems. You need to create or package your theme customization in AMP format (or JAR) too.

Regards.

--C.

wkamdem
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Cesar,

thanks for your answer

i don't think that the kind of customization that i want can't get inside an AMP file.

My customization is to change the logo or the backgroundcolor of the login page or change some message-keys in slingshot.properties files or make some changes in some js-files to hide some functionalities for users without admin rights. 

Is possible to package this kind of customizations in an AMP-File?

Another question: Is possible to install a new alfresco  with an already existing alfresco database with data?

Thanks!

William

kalpesh_c2

Jump to solution

Hi wkamdem,

The answer to your first question is YES, it is possible to package login page customization in AMP.

For more check this thread https://community.alfresco.com/thread/233401-how-can-i-remove-the-alfresco-name-in-login-page

Answer to your second question is also YES - you can have new Alfresco instance with all the old contents and its associated metadata (Database).

You can make copy of contentStore and deletedContentStore folders from alf_data, and replace them in new instance.

Make sure that you have to backup your database and restore it to new instance.

For more refer standard docs Backing up and restoring the repository | Alfresco Documentation 

Thanks,

Kalpesh,

ContCentric