Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martinvaz
Active Member II

Integration with web services??

Good morning everyone!

We have in the company installed on Linux test server Alfresco 5.2
I need to know if the integration of Alfresco with web services is possible. In other words, if a client that is registered in our database, provides a document or an invoice to be later returned, is there a possibility to match that client with our database and integrate it with Alfresco to begin a workflow?

Thanks

6 Replies
alfred0809
Member II

Re: Integration with web services??

In its most general sense, it's a web site intended to be read by other computers rather than by people.

VidMate TeaTV Shareit pc 

Martinvaz
Active Member II

Thanks!

But I guess I wasn't very clear.
What I need to know is if Alfresco can be integrated with WS from internal programs and if there's a way from the system via WS to be able to consume and know the status of documents within the workflow.

A document gets into Alfresco, can it be matched with a DB? and then via WS be able to consume and know the status of that document that is in the workflow?

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @Martinvaz,

Alfresco supports CMIS interoperability & has ReST APIs - these should allow other systems to "talk" to Alfresco. You can start workflows by adding rules to a folder. So, you could use the ReST API to put a document into the Alfresco repository folder & that could trigger a workflow. You can also use APIs to interrogate the workflow status.

Does that help? 

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Martinvaz
Active Member II

Hi @EddieMay how are you?

I think that what we're needing is this: http://ecmarchitect.com/alfresco-developer-series-tutorials/workflow/tutorial/tutorial.html#activiti...

Is it possible to integrate or install this on Alfresco 5.2 or it has to be the dockerized version?

Regards,

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @Martinvaz ,

I'm fine, thanks for asking. Hope you & yours are good too.

Reading the tutorial, it says the following:

if you are deploying to an Alfresco server instead of running the Docker images generated by 
the SDK, those AMPs need to be deployed to the Alfresco server. More details on that will be
discussed later in the document.

So, it looks like it can be deployed to the server.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Martinvaz
Active Member II

Understood

Was talking to my boss a while ago, and he told me what we need it looks preety much as the tutorial.

But with the difference, as we are an energy company, we need something like this

e.g:

1) a purchase order gets into the system
2) we need to match that with alfresco for all the areas involved to sing it
3) that needs to be consumed by a web service 64 based and vice versa for the workflow to properly work
4) once the workflow is done, it returns to the provider already signed.

I guess that BPM and Activity is what we need, am I right?

Regards,