Integrity Exception when filing a record in Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cahunt

Integrity Exception when filing a record in Community

Hi,

I have a new instance of Alfresco Community installed, with Records Management 2.6.b.  Community versions:

Alfresco Share v5.2.f
Alfresco Community v5.2.0
If I complete a record then click File, I get this error:
We couldn't file the items. They might already be in use. Try refreshing your browser.:
<title>.docx - org.alfresco.repo.node.integrity.IntegrityException: 08180179 You cant create {0} here.
Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
3 Replies
tpage
Alfresco Employee

Re: Integrity Exception when filing a record in Community

It's not completely clear to me what you're trying to do.  I've just installed RM 2.6.b in the following environment:

Alfresco Share v5.2.f
(r137983-b22, Aikau 1.0.101.10, Spring Surf 5.2.f, Spring WebScripts 6.15, Freemarker 2.3.20-alfresco-patched, Rhino 1.7R4-alfresco-patched, Yui 2.9.0-alfresco-20141223)
Alfresco Community v5.2.0
(re21f2be5-b22) schema 10057

I was able to upload records to Unfiled Records, click on Complete Record and then File To, to file the record to a record folder.  I was also able to follow the same process with a collaboration site document.

There's another button labelled "File" which is shown whenever you view a record folder, and that seems to work as expected too (although you have to file before completing the record when using this).

The error "You can't create {0} here" sounds like the error handling code isn't performing the string substitution correctly.  I think it might relate to parent-child relationships in the file plan.  Is there any more to the stacktrace in the log?

cahunt

It was actually my own stupidity.  I was trying to file to a category, not a folder.

tpage
Alfresco Employee

No problem! I'm sure you won't be the last person to try to do that, so hopefully this will help others in the future.  The error message isn't completely clear, hopefully we can improve that in the future.