pheno
Member II

Internal error IOException Failed to open stream onto channel

Internal error IOException Failed to open stream onto channel

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Internal error IOException Failed to open stream onto channel

Honestly, I was about to delete this "question" / post. It looks like you mistook this platform for Google. It is common courtesy to at least provide some information of what you tried to do, which version of Alfresco you are using, etc... Please provide that next time.

Anway, the reason you get that error is because the file you are probably attempting to download or show has a size of 0 (zero) bytes, so of course no stream can be opened. Plainly said, the file is empty. You can see that in the screenshot you provided: size=0

pheno
Member II

Thank you for your quick, rather rude response -
Agreed.  I should have added some detail in my original post. In my defense, I've never seen Alfresco before today.  I'm a systems engineer helping the clients with this issue.  I also have no DB experience and have no idea what I should have provided. Simply looking for a starting point, which you so kindly provided.   You also don't seem to have a USA group, so I chose German to get posted.

That said, We're restoring from back ups and all seems to be going well.

Thank you
Joseph

afaust
Master

I am sorry you took my response as rude. I am aware that there can easily be a cultural misunderstanding between Germans and US-Americans where the German directness comes off as rude to a US-American. If I had wanted to be rude I would not have used "please", offered suggestions on how to provide better questions in the future, and maybe not even provided an explanation to the actual matter until additional information was provided.

As with there not being a "USA group", the default, global space (in English) is supposed to include all English-speaking users regardless of location. Only select, other languages have their own space for people to post in their native languages. The German space only exists for historic reasons - there used to be quite an active German community in the old forums, but now it has mostly died out and I am hoping we can put the German space to rest after migration to the "next new platform". A "USA group" would likely be just as quiet / "dead" as the German space, since most of the active Alfresco community are European, Indian/Asian or non-US-Americans.