cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nadeaumr
Customer

Internet requirement for running Alfresco

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for CMS solution and ACS 6 is one of them. One criteria is no internet access to our server, so i'm wandering if it is mandatory for Alfresco. Did Alfresco need internet to run properly? I didn't found anything on this.

Regards

Marc

5 Replies
apiening
Active Member II

Re: Internet requirement for running Alfresco

As far as I know, there is no need for Alfresco to have public internet access to be used as a DMS. Of course you can't use public sharing functionality then.

I have installed Alfresco 6.1 locally on a mobile dev machine based on docker-compose (see https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-docker-installer) and I can start Alfresco and use it locally just fine without any issues while the system is not connected to the internet.

If you want to play around with it I would suggest you fire up a local install based on docker-compose on your local machine or in a VM, because you can get your instance running pretty effortless and quick.

fedorow
Senior Member II

Some practical tips.

Customisation requaired build your own docker imagers. Obviesly it requaired to build images on one server with internet and move it on offline server.

I made medium solution. My server is online, but to be undependent from internet I build customisable images out of docker-compose and push it on my intranet docker repository. Docker-compose takes redy images from internal repository, so production server could be restarted without accesing to internet.

nadeaumr
Customer

Thank you all.

Your solution with docker-compose seems very interesting. But i'm looking to install it with the zip file. From what i understand, it looks like it will also work fine without an internet access. Including with a cluster of 2 machines. Am i right?

Regards,

fedorow
Senior Member II

I do not remamber any requariments for on-premise system to have internet access.

But cluster means commercial version, so for you beter clarify the question with Alfresco sales representative.

jpotts
Professional

Neither Community Edition nor Enterprise Edition requires access to the public internet.

And neither one requires Docker. You can definitely install 6.x manually without Docker and without internet.