Is alfresco supporting subgroup access..?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lavj
Member II

Is alfresco supporting subgroup access..?

For example, a group "A" is added to a site, and the group A is having subgroup "B". If a user is added to the group "B", would the access be inherited to the user..?

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Is alfresco supporting subgroup access..?

Yes...

idwright

afaust
Master

So far I have not been able to reproduce that myself, but I am aware of it. So to be more precise: It is "supposed" to work, but there appears to be a regression.

lavj
Member II

Thanks for the response. It seems not all the users in the subgroup (sometimes even if added in the main groups "A") is getting added to the category site which is causing headache for access management. Could someone suggest how can i find the solution for this..?

Steps i've followed:

1. Created a site "test_site" in alfresco

2. Added an LDAP group "A"

3. Added a user "user1" to the LDAP group --> User was not visible under the site

4. Added a groupd "sub_group1" to the group "A" --> Users present in the subgroup was not visible under site.

5. Tried to add the sub group "sub_group1" directly under site, but the add option was disabled ( implies the subgroup is already added to the site). But still the users in "sub_group1" are not visible under the site "test_site"