Is it possible to configure alfresco to use exact folder as site document library?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_kozhevnikov

Is it possible to configure alfresco to use exact folder as site document library?

Hello, Community

Assuming we have some already filled and used by other systems folder at path "D:\Folder structure" and I want newly created Alfresco share site to use exactly this folder structure with all it's content as site's document library.

Is it possible at all?

If yes, what should be done to achieve this?

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Is it possible to configure alfresco to use exact folder as site document library?

Simply import that structure into Alfresco, via WebDAV, FTP or other means that keep the folder structure intact as part of the copy/move operation.

m_kozhevnikov

Re: Is it possible to configure alfresco to use exact folder as site document library?

Thanks for your reply!

I just don't get one thing - will this structure be syncronised with structure on hard drive, so if anything is changed on hard drive it can be visible in Alfresco?

afaust
Master

No, it will not be synchronized with the structure on the hard-drive. You are importing the structure, and once done, it is rendered obsolete. You could then delete everything on the hard-drive and have everyone work only with the (identical) structure in Alfresco using WebDAV or other means.

m_kozhevnikov

Axel, thank You very much for replies, they were extremely useful.

I still have the same problem. I can't just simply move whole department of company to Alfresco like that.

Is there any possibility to point existing folder for alfresco share to use it as site document library?

I would really appreciate to get answer for that, as for now it's the only crusial issue that stops the whole process.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

afaust
Master

No - that kind of use is not supported. Alfresco cannot manage an externally existing structure not under its full control.