Is it possible to create an event from Alfresco Calendar ONLY to specific users/group?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upforsin

Is it possible to create an event from Alfresco Calendar ONLY to specific users/group?

Hello,

Is it possible to create an event from Alfresco Site Calendar only to specific users/group?

EDIT. I found the Jeff's answer for the similar topic but it's over 5 years old. Since that time, has anything new been implemented regarding this subject?

Ideally, in the Calendar-Event-Add-Form i would like to have a option to select users/groups.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Is it possible to create an event from Alfresco Calendar ONLY to specific users/group?

Alfresco Share has been stagnant / stabil for the last 4-5 years, so Jeff's response from that old topic / thread is still as valid as it was back then. I am not aware of any addon handling permissions on calendar entries, and I myself have had to implement some custom logic in a recent project (migrating a customer from Alfresco 3.4 to 6.1 with some partial use of calendars with access-restricted events).

upforsin

Re: Is it possible to create an event from Alfresco Calendar ONLY to specific users/group?

Well, I tried to implement this functionality but I run into some problems.

If I remove permission inheritance (Share's Manage Permission site) from one node, all events disappear...

To be more precise: I have two events and two users in the site. Initially, every user can see all events. However, when I uncheck "Inherit permissions" from one event - second user can see no events at all.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer