Is it possible to deploy alfresco enterprise 5 on weblogic so that each weblogic managed server uses another alfesco model? (in ../alfresco/entensions/ ) ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_c
Member II

Is it possible to deploy alfresco enterprise 5 on weblogic so that each weblogic managed server uses another alfesco model? (in ../alfresco/entensions/ ) ?

I would like to install Alfresco Enterprise 5 on Weblogic 12, so that it uses different alfresco models in .../alfresco/extensions/ at the same time.

So i created an Weblogic Domain alf_domain and i found the documentation where it's described how to install alfresco enterprise per weblogic domain.

But what i would like to try is to install alfresco on each weblogic managed server separately, and each managed server to use a different alfresco model.

Is there any forum or support or documentation that could help me with this case?
4 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Is it possible to deploy alfresco enterprise 5 on weblogic so that each weblogic managed server uses another alfesco model? (in ../alfresco/entensions/ ) ?

Please refer this doc, it may be helpful: https://docs.alfresco.com/5.1/tasks/alf-weblogic-install.html

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
afaust
Master

Re: Is it possible to deploy alfresco enterprise 5 on weblogic so that each weblogic managed server uses another alfesco model? (in ../alfresco/entensions/ ) ?

Note: As for the latest versions of Alfresco, Weblogic is no longer officially supported as a deployment environment. Check https://www.alfresco.com/de/services/subscription/supported-platforms

alex_c
Member II

Axel Faust‌ thanks for the info, do you happen to know if weblogic 12.2.1.3 should also work with alfresco 5.2.3 ? i saw in the supported platform says only weblogic 12.2.1.2 but in the installing documentation the link is to 12.2.1 weblogic...

i get this error and i'm not sure what is incompatible with alfresco:

<Failed to initialize the application "alfresco1_5" due to error weblogic.management.DeploymentException: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class
weblogic.management.DeploymentException: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class
        at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.throwAppException(BaseDeployment.java:132)
        at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.java:244)

afaust
Master

If you provided more detail about your error (full stack trace / log) then it might be possible to tell you. Such an exception typically may occur when running any Java application (not just Alfresco) with binary incompatible libraries, e.g. wrong versions of dependencies, drivers, JDK, and/or wep application container.

I don't know if Alfresco Enterprise 5.2.3 will / can work with WebLogic 12.2.1.2. I have never used WebLogic for anything in my professional life - only used it for one course during my college / cooperative studies programme. Since you must be an Enterprise customer / user, you should definitely contact Alfresco Support with such questions.