Is it possible to disable cropping and copying of a document?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renato_fritola
Active Member II

Is it possible to disable cropping and copying of a document?

Jump to solution

I have documents that I need to prevent copying the texts and I would like to check if this is possible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re:  Is it possible to disable cropping and copying of a document?

Jump to solution

A rather complex, but comprehensive look at custom web previews.

This configuration file can be overriden via the web-extension directory structure to define which previewers should be attempted in what order. You could technically remove the PDF previewer (note: this would affect all users) and all others you do not want, restricting to the image preview. By default all regular documents should be transformable to an image. For most documents, this would only include the first page, so you might want to define a custom rendition on the Repository-tier and implement a previewer that can display multi-page images. You'd need to register a rendition definition similar to this and providing a custom transformer that is capable to create a multi-page image in first place.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Is it possible to disable cropping and copying of a document?

Jump to solution

In the Share user interface you can (re-)configure the document library actions to remove the option to copy files. But technically speaking, as long as you grant someone the permission to access a piece of content, they can always create a copy in some form or another (if just by downloading and re-uploading).

Since there is no feature "cropping" in Alfresco it cannot and need not be disabled.

renato_fritola
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I need to disable the copy of the content in the file in the view, that is, prevent a visitor for whom a document was shared can select the text and copy it.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Then I would suggest configuring the preview component to show an image / a series of images (maybe TIFF) instead of the PDF rendition.

renato_fritola
Active Member II

Jump to solution

How do I configure this?

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

A rather complex, but comprehensive look at custom web previews.

This configuration file can be overriden via the web-extension directory structure to define which previewers should be attempted in what order. You could technically remove the PDF previewer (note: this would affect all users) and all others you do not want, restricting to the image preview. By default all regular documents should be transformable to an image. For most documents, this would only include the first page, so you might want to define a custom rendition on the Repository-tier and implement a previewer that can display multi-page images. You'd need to register a rendition definition similar to this and providing a custom transformer that is capable to create a multi-page image in first place.

akash251998
Established Member II

Re: Re:  Is it possible to disable cropping and copying of a document?

Jump to solution

Have you configured this i also have the same requirement.