Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mire323
Active Member II

Is it possible to do a TEXT search on all versions of a document

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have to enable TEXT search through all versions of a document and don't know if it's even possible.

I'm sending a query like: "query: TEXT:some query text" and getting results only from last version of a document.

If anyone have an idea how to search all versions please tell me 

We are using Alfresco community 6.1.12ga version.

Thank you in advance good people of alfresco!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Is it possible to do a TEXT search on all versions of a document

Jump to solution

There is no out-of-the-box support for this in Alfresco. The default index does not process versions, only the last, live state of nodes. It is technically possible to add an index for versions as well, but then you would have to create some custom logic on the Repository side (via an extension) that searches both live documentations and their versions, and manages to aggregate the result from two separate indexes into a consistent search result.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

There is no out-of-the-box support for this in Alfresco. The default index does not process versions, only the last, live state of nodes. It is technically possible to add an index for versions as well, but then you would have to create some custom logic on the Repository side (via an extension) that searches both live documentations and their versions, and manages to aggregate the result from two separate indexes into a consistent search result.

mire323
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help!

mire323
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Do you know which extension would be the best for solving my problem. Please share links to point me in the right direction to solving this. Thank you very much you already helped a lot .

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

There are no existing extensions for this - you would have to create one from scratch. This is not a use case most people actually have, even though it may sound like an obvious one...