Is it possible to store data-lists items not on sites?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igorz

Is it possible to store data-lists items not on sites?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I see that I can get "Data Lists" page by a link "share/page/data-lists" but buttons "New List" and "New Item" is inactive there and I can't add new List. In all tutorials describes situation when data-lists only on site. I use "Alfresco 5.2 community edition".

Thanks,

Igor

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mjaatit

Re: Is it possible to store data-lists items not on sites?

Jump to solution

Hi,

To do so, you have to follow the following steps:

1. Identify the web script that is used to deliver the content by enabling surfBug tool ( In your case, it's the /components/data-lists/datalists)
  2. Identify what part of the web script need changing to achieve the customization, 
  3. Create your version of  the part thats need customization to achieve what you want to do.
  4. Use a Surf Extension module to define the web script override.

And make sure that the DataGrid of each datalist work too.

I hope that helps you 

Mjaatit

View solution in original post

6 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

User need to have specific role on particular site.If user does not have write permission on site, than user can not create datalist item inside datalist.Assign permission , you will be able to see that button is active.

igorz

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer, I'd like to know if I can store my custom data lists not on site?

krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Yes its possible, but the default alfresco UI will allows you to store it on specific location only.If you would like to change the path, you need to customize the it.Or create a new code(webscript) for CURD of data list which will allow you to save datalist item on new place.You need to make changes in UI as well/

igorz

Jump to solution

I get it I need to make changes in UI, but unfortunately I haven't found any examples or tutorials for that. Could you give a tip where I can find any example? Thanks.

mjaatit

Jump to solution

Hi,

To do so, you have to follow the following steps:

1. Identify the web script that is used to deliver the content by enabling surfBug tool ( In your case, it's the /components/data-lists/datalists)
  2. Identify what part of the web script need changing to achieve the customization, 
  3. Create your version of  the part thats need customization to achieve what you want to do.
  4. Use a Surf Extension module to define the web script override.

And make sure that the DataGrid of each datalist work too.

I hope that helps you 

Mjaatit

igorz

Jump to solution

Thanks for detailed explanation. I'm trying to do it.