Is there a community edition for Alfresco 5.2.1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sistemi
Active Member II

Is there a community edition for Alfresco 5.2.1?

Hello,

I am interested in the new Download API that, as far as I can see in Alfresco Docs, was introduced in Alfresco Enterprise edition 5.2.1.

In the download page I see that last Alfresco Community Edition for version 5.x is 201707GA, which is based on Alfresco Enterprise 5.2.0.

Is there a way to "upgrade" Alfresco Community to a version that is equal to Enterprise 5.2.1? Or for the Community edition the only way is to upgrade to version 201806, that is based on Alfresco Enterprise 6.x? 

3 Replies

Re: Is there a community edition for Alfresco 5.2.1?

No i think the only alfresco community still working for 5.2.X is the 201707 (Alfresco Community Edition - Browse /Alfresco 201707 Community at SourceForge.net )

But you can still use the "new" rest download api descripted in this page:

Alfresco Content Services REST API Explorer Create Download

afaust
Master

You will never find a Community Edition version with three digits, e.g. 5.2.1. This version scheme is exclusively used for Enterprise Edition releases. Community Edition 5.2 has had multiple GA releases, but each version will always state that it is "5.2.0" even if there are differences between those Community releases. Technically, the versions can be distinguished by the Maven artifact version, which is two digits and a letter, i.e. 5.2.g, or the GA version label that Marco has mentioned.

Of course versioning has changed in 6.0 - since then there has typically only been one GA per main release, and the Maven artifact version will actually be a three-digit number with the "-ga" suffix. At runtime though, it should still just state to be 6.0.0.

(Alfresco versioning schemes are hard and confusing to everyone)

jpotts
Professional

You might also be interested in this community-maintained page: