Is there a straightforward guide available to add libreoffice online editing capabilities to a recent Alfresco Community Share installation on an Ubuntu 16.04 / 18.04 Server? I've been looking for nearly two weeks and cannot find anything current.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psiborg999
Member II

Is there a straightforward guide available to add libreoffice online editing capabilities to a recent Alfresco Community Share installation on an Ubuntu 16.04 / 18.04 Server? I've been looking for nearly two weeks and cannot find anything current.

Jump to solution

Hello everyone and thanks for your time!

I've been building Linux Servers for fourteen years, working now with Alfresco Community Share 5.2 for about three months. I've managed to get a nice "default" server instance running on Ubuntu 18.04 and adjusted cores and memory for a very nice end user experience but I simply cannot find any sort of current guide to add online editing capabilities via LibreOffice 5.x.  All information found was not applicable to current operating system environment criteria. I've tried building on Ubuntu 16.04 as well to no avail.  I can setup WebDAV symlinks just fine in a current Ubuntu Linux client and edit with LibreOffice on the client, but I was trying to achieve a seamless integration within the client's web browser as we've all seen in the YouTube demos from a few years ago.  The more operations involved in editing a document, the more chance for an error.

I'd appreciate any and all information that can help with this and proper Maven and Alfresco SDK installation.#

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Is there a straightforward guide available to add libreoffice online editing capabilities to a recent Alfresco Community Share installation on an Ubuntu 16.04 / 18.04 Server? I've been looking for nearly two weeks and cannot find anything current.

Jump to solution

There is no Online Editing capability using LibreOffice with the out-of-the-box Alfresco releases.Everything you might have seen in YouTube videos must have originated from some 3rd party addon / extension to Alfresco to add such capabilities, i.e. as seen in this presentation at BeeCon 2017 by Magenta (repo + share module), or an addon by RedPill Linpro. The specific information for those needs to be taken from the respective addon page(s).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Is there a straightforward guide available to add libreoffice online editing capabilities to a recent Alfresco Community Share installation on an Ubuntu 16.04 / 18.04 Server? I've been looking for nearly two weeks and cannot find anything current.

Jump to solution

There is no Online Editing capability using LibreOffice with the out-of-the-box Alfresco releases.Everything you might have seen in YouTube videos must have originated from some 3rd party addon / extension to Alfresco to add such capabilities, i.e. as seen in this presentation at BeeCon 2017 by Magenta (repo + share module), or an addon by RedPill Linpro. The specific information for those needs to be taken from the respective addon page(s).

psiborg999
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you for your prompt response Axel!

I've reviewed the available guides and have found a solution that works perfectly with Ubuntu Server 18.04 and Ubuntu Linux and current Microsoft Clients. I shall prepare and post a refined solution if you could suggest the proper site area for this.  Thanks again for the input!

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

If you like you should be able to create a blog post on this platform, like Angel Borroy did a few weeks ago.. Alternatively, you can just create a regular document in the ECM space.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Another webdav based option for editing with Libreoffice may be this one:

The addon:

GitHub - zylklab/alfresco-share-online-edition-addon: Online edition with Libreoffice in Alfresco Sh... 

Instructions for Ubuntu clients:

- Online edition with Libreoffice in Alfresco 5 - zylk 

Regards.

--C.