Is there a way to manage rules, permissions, and users without the Share UI?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josh_barrett
Active Member II

Is there a way to manage rules, permissions, and users without the Share UI?

Jump to solution

I have an implementation of Alfresco that is pretty much headless.   The Share UI isn't really used for anything accept managing Groups/Users, applying high level permissions and managing rules.   From an admin perspective I can do pretty much anything else with the admin console in Alfresco and Chemistry workbench.  

Is there another way to manage these things or do I need to run the Share UI for this?    I know I can also probably write code to do the same thing but an Admin UI is nice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Is there a way to manage rules, permissions, and users without the Share UI?

Jump to solution

There is no admin UI for such things outside of Share at the moment. As far as I know, Alfresco is working on an ADF based admin UI, though that would just be a different UI and not part of the core Repository.

Of course it would be possible to extend the Repository admin console to also include such tools. The OOTBee Support Tools addon would be a good place to implement such.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Is there a way to manage rules, permissions, and users without the Share UI?

Jump to solution

There is no admin UI for such things outside of Share at the moment. As far as I know, Alfresco is working on an ADF based admin UI, though that would just be a different UI and not part of the core Repository.

Of course it would be possible to extend the Repository admin console to also include such tools. The OOTBee Support Tools addon would be a good place to implement such.