Is there an Admin tool to add the custom type to Share Edit and Search forms?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sepgs2004
Established Member

Is there an Admin tool to add the custom type to Share Edit and Search forms?

Jump to solution

I use Alfresco Community version 5.2.

Using the Alfresco Share UI, I have created a custom model, type and a set of properties.

Now, how can I add this type to show up in the Advanced search form, or edit form.

I know one way of doing this, which is creating a AMP file using Alfresco Maven SDK, and deploy/apply it to the Alfresco server.

I am only aware of this Share application. I do not know if there is a way to customize the search and edit forms to include my own type.

Any comments is appreciated.

Gnanasekaran Sakthivel
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Is there an Admin tool to add the custom type to Share Edit and Search forms?

Jump to solution

No difference between Alfresco Community and Enterprise, no difference between Alfresco 6 and 5.x.

share-config-custom.xml is not to be stored "inside" Repository. As per documentation, this is a configuration file sitting in your Tomcat shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension directory.

Alfresco is not planning to deliver a ready-to-use, production-grade Share replacement (or any other production-ready, future UI) themselves. What they are focussing on is a framework for building custom UIs using Angular, called Application Development Framework (ADF). Based on ADF they are also building a bare minimum, example application called Alfresco Content Application (ACA).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Is there an Admin tool to add the custom type to Share Edit and Search forms?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately at this point you'll have to go the customisation / configuration route. You don't have to create a project using SDK for that (though it is generally the recommended way and simplified deployment / upgrades later on), but can add all the necessary configuration to share-config-custom.xml just as well.

The current Content Model Manager in Share is just a minimal viable product useful maybe for tests / demonstrations, but not really that practical for real usage. Since Share itself is more or less on death row, it is extremely unlikely to ever see an improvement on the current version.

sepgs2004
Established Member

Jump to solution

Only with respect to the customization of share... I am asking the following 2 questions:

Is there any difference between the community edition and the non-community edition?

Is there any difference between Alfresco version 6 and the earlier ones?

The other SDK approach makes the customization into a JAR (AMP) file.

However, when you said, we do not have to create a project using SDK... 

Did you mean then, I can directly put my customization in the share-config-custom.xml into the running repository, and expect the changes on the Share UI? May be it needs a server restart!

If we can, can you point me to the folder location where I could put this custom xml.

Also, you mentioned that share is on a death row. Are we expecting in future a different UI or Administration application to these kinds of work?

Gnanasekaran Sakthivel
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

No difference between Alfresco Community and Enterprise, no difference between Alfresco 6 and 5.x.

share-config-custom.xml is not to be stored "inside" Repository. As per documentation, this is a configuration file sitting in your Tomcat shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension directory.

Alfresco is not planning to deliver a ready-to-use, production-grade Share replacement (or any other production-ready, future UI) themselves. What they are focussing on is a framework for building custom UIs using Angular, called Application Development Framework (ADF). Based on ADF they are also building a bare minimum, example application called Alfresco Content Application (ACA).