Is there any way to show 60 days activities on "My Activities" dashlet.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakumari
Established Member

Is there any way to show 60 days activities on "My Activities" dashlet.

Jump to solution
Hello everyone.. I need a help.
I want to show activities for 60 days instead of 28 days on my activities dashlet. I have added a line for 60 days in my-activities.get.config.xml file and also tried this by adding activities.feed.max.age.mins=89280 in alfresco-global.properties. but it didn't worked. Is there any way to show 60 days activities on "My Activities" dashlet ?.

@afaust  replied me : 
If you have just changed these configurations, you may have to give it some time for data to accumulate (again) for the 60 days period. Due to the max.age.mins value having been shorter before, any activities past the old age limit have already been deleted before you changed the setting.
So even with the changed settings now, you cannot see more activities as they do no exist (anymore). Only once they re-accumulate with passage of time should you expect a full 60 coverage of activities.

and I accept that I will not be able to see the previous activities but if I update the property today then will I be able to see all the activities from today after 50 days ?
Is there any way I can do this ? I want to see activities of till 60 days.
Currently what is happenning is, I have updated the property today and performed some activity and I am able to see those activities on 60th day.. but the activities on the next day and further days has been disappeared. I can see only today's activities.

Please guide me what to do to make it work. ?

Thanks.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Is there any way to show 60 days activities on "My Activities" dashlet.

Jump to solution

I already provided the bits of response that the poster included in the question in the IRC / Discord channel.

The relevant default configuration files are:

The most critical configuration is defined by the Activities Feed subsystem:

• activities.feed.max.ageMins - this you have already configured to 60 days, entries will be deleted after that time has passed
  • activities.feed.max.size - entries will be deleted if more than this number of activities has been recorded for a user

So, at the moment, there would not be a guarantee that you can see "all" activities of today even after 59 days, because by then, new activities may have pushed them over the configured limit of activities per user. You can set the max size to a value of 0 or less to disable this limit. Then, only the max age will be considered for cleanup.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

I already provided the bits of response that the poster included in the question in the IRC / Discord channel.

The relevant default configuration files are:

The most critical configuration is defined by the Activities Feed subsystem:

• activities.feed.max.ageMins - this you have already configured to 60 days, entries will be deleted after that time has passed
  • activities.feed.max.size - entries will be deleted if more than this number of activities has been recorded for a user

So, at the moment, there would not be a guarantee that you can see "all" activities of today even after 59 days, because by then, new activities may have pushed them over the configured limit of activities per user. You can set the max size to a value of 0 or less to disable this limit. Then, only the max age will be considered for cleanup.

monicakumari
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. I have tried but while setting the max size to a value of 0, its showing nothing. the dashlet becomes blank. Not even today's activity.