Is there enough functionality of the workflow admin console?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anon26949
Established Member

Is there enough functionality of the workflow admin console?

Jump to solution

In the dashlet "My tasks" there are two item "Current tasks" and "Completed tasks".

When I click on the "Completed tasks" I see the following error on a red background:

Error while loading items

When this error occurs in the logs I see the following.

catalina.out:

Caused by: org.activiti.engine.ActivitiObjectNotFoundException: no deployed process definition found with id 'publishWhitepaper:1:1115'
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.deploy.DeploymentManager.findDeployedProcessDefinitionById(DeploymentManager.java:75)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.cmd.GetDeploymentProcessDefinitionCmd.execute(GetDeploymentProcessDefinitionCmd.java:39)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.cmd.GetDeploymentProcessDefinitionCmd.execute(GetDeploymentProcessDefinitionCmd.java:26)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.execute(CommandInvoker.java:24)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:57)
        at org.activiti.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:47)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:131)
        at org.activiti.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor.execute(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:45)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:31)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:40)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:35)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.RepositoryServiceImpl.getDeployedProcessDefinition(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:138)
        at org.alfresco.repo.workflow.activiti.ActivitiUtil.getDeployedProcessDefinition(ActivitiUtil.java:133)
        at org.alfresco.repo.workflow.activiti.ActivitiTypeConverter.getTaskDefinition(ActivitiTypeConverter.java:223)
        at org.alfresco.service.cmr.workflow.LazyActivitiWorkflowTask.<init>(LazyActivitiWorkflowTask.java:93)
        at org.alfresco.repo.workflow.activiti.ActivitiWorkflowEngine.getAssignedTasks(ActivitiWorkflowEngine.java:1543)
        ... 92 more‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Before that I installed and watched some examples of business processes, but then deleted them (and via workflow console).  most likely, I didn't do it correctly...

I can't understand why this error appear?

no deployed process definition found with id 'publishWhitepaper:1:1115'‍

Maybe somewhere something is cached? I saw a comment where says that it requires the another console - Activiti workflow console. Is it really so?..

I would be very grateful for the information. Thanks to all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Is there enough functionality of the workflow admin console?

Jump to solution

This error occurs because you have a historic task in the database that references a process definition that has since been deleted and cannot be resolved in order to convert the DB data into a task representation that Alfresco uses for display in Alfresco Share UI. Looking at the Activiti schema, the tables for historic information do require referential integrity in their relation to the process definition and are not automatically cascade-deleted when you undeploy a process.

Generally speaking, the Alfresco-Activiti integration does not support undeployment of process definitions in all circumstances. Even the Activiti console will not properly clean up historic task if you undeploy a process definition - but in standalone Activiti there would not be this kind of conversion logic(ActivitiTypeConverter) that tries to look up non-existent data.

I would advise you to report this issue via JIRA. When the Alfresco workflow console provides a means to undeploy a process definiton, Alfresco should ensure that it does not cause side effects in other functionality.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

This error occurs because you have a historic task in the database that references a process definition that has since been deleted and cannot be resolved in order to convert the DB data into a task representation that Alfresco uses for display in Alfresco Share UI. Looking at the Activiti schema, the tables for historic information do require referential integrity in their relation to the process definition and are not automatically cascade-deleted when you undeploy a process.

Generally speaking, the Alfresco-Activiti integration does not support undeployment of process definitions in all circumstances. Even the Activiti console will not properly clean up historic task if you undeploy a process definition - but in standalone Activiti there would not be this kind of conversion logic(ActivitiTypeConverter) that tries to look up non-existent data.

I would advise you to report this issue via JIRA. When the Alfresco workflow console provides a means to undeploy a process definiton, Alfresco should ensure that it does not cause side effects in other functionality.

anon26949
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your answer!..

anon26949
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thank you again for you great answer! Does this mean that I should not invoke 'undeploy definition <workflow id>' in any case?..

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Given that you have encountered this side effect I would advise against using this if you already have completed tasks for the process definition.

anon26949
Established Member

Jump to solution

Excellent. Thank you very much!..