Is this possible on the Alfresco 6.0 Community Edition to Synchronize the Job Title and Localization (User Profile Fields) with Openldap?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandro_issufo
Member II

Is this possible on the Alfresco 6.0 Community Edition to Synchronize the Job Title and Localization (User Profile Fields) with Openldap?

Hello,

I have successfully integrated Alfresco 6.0 community edition with Openldap-2.4.42 main fields (Name, Surname, E-mail), the users synchronization just perfectly.

1. BUT I don’t know how to Synchronize the Job Title and Localization (User Profile Fields).

2. I would like to extend User Profile default fields, adding the field Departament.

Is this possible on the Alfresco 6.0 Community Edition? How do I do that? If yes, please provide an example.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Sandro Issufo

6 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Is this possible on the Alfresco 6.0 Community Edition to Synchronize the Job Title and Localization (User Profile Fields) with Openldap?

Hi:

This is the same for old previous versions of Alfresco. 

Maybe this link helps (it is in spanish, but surely you can find the relevant info):

http://www.queres.es/sincronizacion-personalizada-de-usuarios-del-ldap-con-alfresco/

Regards.

--C.

heiko_robert

Re: Is this possible on the Alfresco 6.0 Community Edition to Synchronize the Job Title and Localization (User Profile Fields) with Openldap?

Hi Cesar,

nice write up. Just would like to add that one should better implement the additional attributes in an aspect of an custom model. The Alfresco's content model shouldn't be touched.

androdoff
Member II

Re: Is this possible on the Alfresco 6.0 Community Edition to Synchronize the Job Title and Localiza

I really am sorry, but I've tried to do as told here, but there is some problems, that I couldn't solve:

1. I have NO webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/model/contentModel.xml file in my Alfresco Community 5. installation. The most resembling file situated /opt/alfresco-community/solr4/alfrescoModels/ and named cm.contentmodel.1505615645.xml and in /opt/alfresco-community/alf_data/solr4/model file named cm.contentmodel.2203582560.xml 

2. I have NO tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/common-ldap- context.xml file at all. 

3. Also I have NO shared /classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap/ldap1/ directory, I authorize and sync with 

authentication.chain=alfrescoNtlm1:alfrescoNtlm,ldap-ad1:ldap-ad

directive in /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties file. 

Please, can yo tell me what to do next? 

jpotts
Professional

Re: Is this possible on the Alfresco 6.0 Community Edition to Synchronize the Job Title and Localiza

The content models are all in the JARs now. For the core content model, look in alfresco-repository-5.2.g.jar in alfresco/model.

Instead of looking in WEB-INF/classes for your LDAP config, look in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication.

What you need to do is define a new aspect in your own content model with the properties you want. Package that up as an AMP and deploy it. That way you don't have to touch any files that are distributed by Alfresco.

The aspect can be added to cmSmiley Tongueerson objects.

heiko_robert

1. contentModel.xml is now stored in a jar file (tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-repository-*.jar). You shouldn't change alfresco's model anyway but create your own model having an aspect with your properties you want to add instead. Take a look into the custom-model-context.xml.sample how to register your own model and/or read the documentation how to create a custom model for Alfresco.
  2. create the folder structure extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap-ad/ldap-ad1 and place there your ldap-ad-authentication.properties containing all sync relevant config parameters and common-ldap-context.xml (renamed to custom-ldap-context.xml) which you can extract from tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-repository-*.jar:
    alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/common-ldap-context.xml
    alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/ldap-ad/ldap-ad-authentication.properties
  3. see 2.

Please also check Documentation Example: authentication and synchronization with two ldap-ad subsystems (the example for one ldap subsystem stores the parameters in alfresco-global for your use case you should store the properties in the subsystem path)

Fjordo
Active Member II

Hello,

I've followed your instructions and I have succesfully synchronized my custom ldap properties.

What I am missing is how to avoid to override the original Alfresco's content-model.xml. Infact if I define my aspect and my properties in my model I get errors on Alfresco startup, caused by unknown namespace in common-ldap-context.xml.

The only way I found is use cm: namespace instead of my custom model namespace, but doing so I necessarly override Alfresco Model. Is there something like an import namespace?