cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rken
Member II

Issue resetting a user password

Hi Alfresco Users!

I have many people using our Alfresco Server, both internal and external. All our internal users sync from an AD server.

There is one internal user that has had their account for years and has had no problems until now, they have forgotten their password.

As an Admin I have reset her password a few times but when trying to log in using the new password it says the following:

"Your authentication details haven't been recognized or Alfresco Content Services may not be available at this time."

When this happens, I expected to see something come up in the catalina.out log file (/opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/logs/catalina.out) but there is nothing

I can reset a password of another user with no issues, just seems to be this one that runs in this problem

• What is the issue here? and the fix?
  • What log file should I see people logging in and out, and attempting to?

If any additional information is required for troubleshooting please let me know and ill drop it in a reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Robbie

6 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: Issue resetting a user password

The password for this user resides in AD. Are other services that also point to AD able to successfully authenticate once the password is reset?

Can you do a simple bind as the user using the new password?

rken
Member II

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply,

However I have just been made aware she is an external user as I brought this up with our AD manager

So she just uses the Alfresco user password

I have checked and I can reset the password of another external user fine and they can get on with it

rken
Member II

To be clear,

I am still having an issue with this,

She can not reset her password successfully but other users can both internal users and external users this issue is just with one external account?

Any ideas?

Please let me know if you need any logs etc

jpotts
Professional

She is an external user. But is she in AD or not?

rken
Member II

Hi Jeff,

She is not in the AD, her user is just in Alfresco

jpotts
Professional

Have her try to log in and then capture the catalina.out during that to see what, if any, error is being thrown.

You might also consider bumping up the logger verbosity for org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.