Issue with previewing documents (specifically, diagrams and graphs in files)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakumari
Established Member

Issue with previewing documents (specifically, diagrams and graphs in files)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using alfresco 5.2. I need help with previewing documents. The quality of the preview is not same as in the document uploaded specially word document. the main issue is its not previewing graphs and diagrams. its working for pdf type documents only. I have attached screenshot for the preview and sharing an example file.

I have tried to search for this issue and I got to know may be its a bug in libreoffice that its not previewing graphs and diagrams. so, I have updated libreoffice version to latest one. Also got suggession somewhere to install imagemagick. so I did. but nothing worked.

If anyone have any idea, please share.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ymeunier
Active Member II

Re: Issue with previewing documents (specifically, diagrams and graphs in files)

Jump to solution

Hi,

Your problem is not correctable.
Only a conversion by MSO Word will allow a correct conversion. There is a module Transformation Engine (to buy) that performs this conversion (API / REST Renditions as OOO). The technical solution is quite "simple". The transformation server receives a request. It downloads the document, then via a powershell script opens the word, then saves it in PDF format, before returning the rendition to the Alfresco server.

Best regards,

Yann MEUNIER

View solution in original post

4 Replies
prachi_shah_c2
Active Member II

Re: Issue with previewing documents (specifically, diagrams and graphs in files)

Jump to solution

Hi Monica,

This thread might be helpful to you. 

https://community.alfresco.com/thread/209303-document-preview-problem-was-fixed-by-changing-libreoff... 

Thanks,

Prachi Shah

ContCentric

monicakumari
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hey Prachi, Thanks for your help. Yeah, I have tried that but now its not previewing document. showing me 'This document can't be previewed.' message instead of previewing. I have make sure the soffice is present on the same path.

ymeunier
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi,

Your problem is not correctable.
Only a conversion by MSO Word will allow a correct conversion. There is a module Transformation Engine (to buy) that performs this conversion (API / REST Renditions as OOO). The technical solution is quite "simple". The transformation server receives a request. It downloads the document, then via a powershell script opens the word, then saves it in PDF format, before returning the rendition to the Alfresco server.

Best regards,

Yann MEUNIER

monicakumari
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help Yann. so, what should I do to resolve this ? Its just a word document created in ms word, uploaded in alfresco and previewing. I have lots of files like this and all having the same issue, not previewing diagrams and graphs.

what should I do to make it correct transformation for this ? I am not facing any issue with other types of files.

Thanks,

Monica