cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rami1920
Member II

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException  Alfresco community 5.1

Jump to solution
I just installed alfresco community 5.1 , I tried to configure outbound emails , i added all the configurations in alfresco-global.properties : 

# Sample #Gmail settings
mail.host=smtp.gmail.com
mail.port=465
mail.username=----------@gmail.com
mail.password=**********
mail.protocol=smtps
mail.smtps.starttls.enable=true
mail.smtps.auth=true 

and when i test it i get this exception:

Failed to send email to azerty@gmail.com : org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target; message exceptions (1) are:
Failed message 1: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Anyone can help ?

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idwright

Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException  Alfresco community 5.1

Jump to solution

Generally speaking that message occurs when java doesn't know about the certificate it's trying to connect to.

The first thing I'd try would be to install the JCE extensions e.g. Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files for JDK/JRE 8 Downloa... 

It may be overkill but we have been known to route mail via gmail from Alfresco via a local postfix installation

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idwright

Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException  Alfresco community 5.1

Jump to solution

Generally speaking that message occurs when java doesn't know about the certificate it's trying to connect to.

The first thing I'd try would be to install the JCE extensions e.g. Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files for JDK/JRE 8 Downloa... 

It may be overkill but we have been known to route mail via gmail from Alfresco via a local postfix installation