cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lexav1978
Member II

JMX in Alfresco Community ?

Hello,

We are using Alfresco COmmunity and we are used to monitor things through JMX.The Alfresco run under Linux and Tomcat, we already have the standard Catalina Bean but we want the datasource too (max active connection, ...) but we are not able to do this.

Can you help me for activating JMX on Alfresco Community in order to get those informations ?

I(ve been told that inu Alfresco Community we can't use JMX but I don't know if it's right.

Thank you.

Regards,

Xavier

4 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: JMX in Alfresco Community ?

Alfresco Community does not support JMX Beans, as they are not included in the release.

There was an initiative to include some part of these features in Community some time ago, but I don't know if it's running with current Alfresco releases.

GitHub - loftuxab/alfresco-jmx: Alfresco JMX module from Loftux AB 

Hyland Developer Evangelist
cesarista
Customer

You can use this project (using OOTB Support Tools for Alfresco Community in addition)

GitHub - zylklab/alfresco-nagios: Icinga/Nagios setup to monitor Alfresco Community/Enterprise 5.x 

Kind regards.

--C.

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Just to clarify that "OOTB Support Tools" and "alfresco-nagios" addons don't support JMX. They are providing monitoring data by using REST invocations.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
cesarista
Customer

Well, alfresco-nagios project supports JMX for Alfresco Enterprise template, while OOTB Support Tools are being used for obtaining similar information in Alfresco Community template. Besides, in a Tomcat (even with Alfresco Community) you may activate JMX for monitoring java and operating system JMX beans like (java heap, threads, number of open files, but not datasource). Finally, as Angel commented previously, usable JMX, i.e . Alfresco JMX beans are not included in Alfresco Community.

Kind regards.

--C.