JSON objects for Data Models of CMIS 1.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anshul_espire
Member II

JSON objects for Data Models of CMIS 1.1

I am trying to make a non-CMIS compliant CMS, compliant. Existing CMS has REST based services and i am writing a middleware which will get req in CMIS format hit existing services, get response in JSON, manipulate it and return in JSON (cmis format). For this i need help on following areas, any help would be highly appreciated.

1. Pointers to any existing CMIS compliant repository which communicates in JSON, so that i can consume it's services and use as reference

2. JSON objects/schema for all data models 

3. JSON request and response schema for all CMIS services

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: JSON objects for Data Models of CMIS 1.1

1) CMIS compliant repository = Alfresco

2) See CMIS specification

3) See CMIS specification

Why not simply pick a CMIS server library and only implement the glue code instead of trying to write the CMIS part yourself?

anshul_espire
Member II

Hi @Axel, Thanks for your reply.
1. Please share link (or url + credentials) to existing Alfresco repository so that i can simply hit it using Postman and get response in JSON. Or are you suggesting to setup a local instance ?

2. right, already doing that, but was wondering if someone has already mapped and done it
3. right, already doing that, I am referring this PDF pls correct me if it's not correct/apt resource

Why not simply pick a CMIS server library and only implement the glue code instead of trying to write the CMIS part yourself? : Actually we don't have access to the code of CMS(non-cmis compliant) otherwise we would have simply modified the existing REST services and achieve the requirement without need of any middleware. We are writing a custom MuleSoft connector to connect to CMS(non-cmis compliant) repository and we have to keep it as light-weight as possible, that is why writing our own code.

afaust
Master

1) Please download and install an Alfresco on your local development machine for any intensive tests. There also is cmis.alfresco.com against which you can connect with default credentials (admin:admin) for simple API test purposes, e.g. https://cmis.alfresco.com/alfresco/api/-default-/public/cmis/versions/1.1/browser