Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rken
Member II

LDAP Sync does not add users to Alfresco

Jump to solution

Hi Alfresco Users!

I am setting up a new Alfresco Server and I am running into an issue with LDAP Sync.

I can run an ldapsearch with the same search base, username and password that Alfresco is using fine, which gives back all the users and what groups they are in etc. However when I start up Alfresco it is not syncing and adding the users to People.

If any log file or config information is required to troubleshoot let me know and ill drop it in a reply ASAP. I cant find anything regarding this issue but I'm assuming its just a simple config change I am missing

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks in advanced

Robbie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: LDAP Sync does not add users to Alfresco

Jump to solution

You should see an attempt to sync users and groups fairly early in catalina.out or an exception saying what the problem is.

Another thing to try is can you authenticate with any of your LDAP users? This should work even if the users have not yet been sync'd into Alfresco because Alfresco will do that immediately for any user that successfully authenticates but is not yet in the repo.

If you are able to authenticate with Alfresco using an LDAP user, then you've validated that Alfresco can talk to LDAP, and it's likely just a problem with the config, maybe the group search query, for example.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

You should see an attempt to sync users and groups fairly early in catalina.out or an exception saying what the problem is.

Another thing to try is can you authenticate with any of your LDAP users? This should work even if the users have not yet been sync'd into Alfresco because Alfresco will do that immediately for any user that successfully authenticates but is not yet in the repo.

If you are able to authenticate with Alfresco using an LDAP user, then you've validated that Alfresco can talk to LDAP, and it's likely just a problem with the config, maybe the group search query, for example.

rken
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Jeff,

I am going to look into this now and drop a reply once I confirm if its the group search query or an issue contacting the LDAP service.