cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmiorga
Active Member II

Link to a documentation

Jump to solution

Hello, I have to develop a workflow on Alfresco 4.2. I already do this tuto but I am stuck in my development because the features I want to use are not show in this tuto.

Does exist a documentation with all the available type (like d:text, d:int ... used in the model.xml file) and all the different tag for the different xml file (model.xml, share-config-custom.xml ...) ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmiorga
Active Member II

Re: Link to a documentation

Jump to solution

For the new commer, here I list all the ressources I used to anderstand and learn to create some custom workflow:

The tuto (in link above) is one of the first think to do. To my mind it just lack of some technical explanation, so you will have to get them by yourself by reading and testing.

Those files (found in the alf_data_dev folder) give me all the default properties and type I could use:

• d.dictionary.*.xml -> the "primitive" types of alfresco
  • cm.contentmodel.*.xml -> the existing types and aspects of alfresco
  • app.applicationmodel.*.xml -> other types you can use in alfresco
  • bpmModel.xml -> the default properties of a workflow
  • wf.workflowmodel.*.xml -> other example of custom type to use in a workflow
  • modelSchema.xsd -> structure of the model.xml files

I found a good explanation of the model.xml files on this site: http://alfrescoblog.com/2014/05/19/alfresco-tutorial-custom-content-types/

In eclipse, when you create a new activity diagram, when you do next, you have access to 5 templates, which can give you some example in order to understand how to create a workflow, and more precisely how to assign the same task to multiple user or group ( or how to create a "loop"). I used them as foundation for my work.

Note that the 4 last examples have an error in the script to assign the dueDate of a task:

change this code:

task.setVariableLocal('bpm_dueDate', bpm_workflowDueDate)

to:

task.dueDate = bpm_workflowDueDate

And of course, the documentation of alfresco: 4.2 and Community 201707. One of the difficulty I have with this doc is the format of the javascript API. It is not as easy to read and exploit as a javadoc, but I am not able to tell how to change the format...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vmiorga
Active Member II

Re: Link to a documentation

Jump to solution

For the new commer, here I list all the ressources I used to anderstand and learn to create some custom workflow:

The tuto (in link above) is one of the first think to do. To my mind it just lack of some technical explanation, so you will have to get them by yourself by reading and testing.

Those files (found in the alf_data_dev folder) give me all the default properties and type I could use:

• d.dictionary.*.xml -> the "primitive" types of alfresco
  • cm.contentmodel.*.xml -> the existing types and aspects of alfresco
  • app.applicationmodel.*.xml -> other types you can use in alfresco
  • bpmModel.xml -> the default properties of a workflow
  • wf.workflowmodel.*.xml -> other example of custom type to use in a workflow
  • modelSchema.xsd -> structure of the model.xml files

I found a good explanation of the model.xml files on this site: http://alfrescoblog.com/2014/05/19/alfresco-tutorial-custom-content-types/

In eclipse, when you create a new activity diagram, when you do next, you have access to 5 templates, which can give you some example in order to understand how to create a workflow, and more precisely how to assign the same task to multiple user or group ( or how to create a "loop"). I used them as foundation for my work.

Note that the 4 last examples have an error in the script to assign the dueDate of a task:

change this code:

task.setVariableLocal('bpm_dueDate', bpm_workflowDueDate)

to:

task.dueDate = bpm_workflowDueDate

And of course, the documentation of alfresco: 4.2 and Community 201707. One of the difficulty I have with this doc is the format of the javascript API. It is not as easy to read and exploit as a javadoc, but I am not able to tell how to change the format...