Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ispasojevic
Member II

Localization - issues with similar languages

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using community version 5.1.f and i have already installed language packs for languages like Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian and Macedonian (tinymce). When I use only Croatian and English, switching between these two languages works perfectly. The problem starts when I uncomment properties files from bootstrap-context.xml that refer on other languages like Slovenian and Macedonian. My bean from bootstrap-context file is:

<bean id="frops-share-amp.resources"

class="org.springframework.extensions.surf.util.ResourceBundleBootstrapComponent">

<property name="resourceBundles">

<list>

<value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.fropsdcm-module-share-amp</value>

<value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.fropsdcm-module-share-amp_mk_MK</value>

<value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.fropsdcm-module-share-amp_hr_HR</value>

<value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.fropsdcm-module-share-amp_sl_SI</value>

<!--                 <value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.fropsdcm-module-share-amp_sr</value> -->

<value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.slingshot_hr_HR</value>

<value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.slingshot_mk_MK</value>

<value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.slingshot_sl_SI</value>

<!--                 <value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.slingshot_sr</value> -->

</list>

</property>

</bean>

Files that resource boundle read in this case are slingshot_mk_MK and fropsdcm-module-share-amp_sl_SI, one Macedonian and other Slovenian. Browser languages in this case is still Croatian. This is case for both, repo and share amps. 

Is there any issue with these languages or I should use any additional setup for this language support?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Localization - issues with similar languages

Jump to solution

Why are you listing all the locale specific files in the "resourceBundle" property? That is absolutely the wrong thing to do. You only list the base name of a resource bundle and let the I18nUtils / JVM ResourceBundle utilities handle the locale specific lookup. The way you are defining the resource bundles now can cause problematic overrides of the default fallback messages. You should only need

class="org.springframework.extensions.surf.util.ResourceBundleBootstrapComponent">

<list>
                <value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.slingshot</value>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Localization - issues with similar languages

Jump to solution

Why are you listing all the locale specific files in the "resourceBundle" property? That is absolutely the wrong thing to do. You only list the base name of a resource bundle and let the I18nUtils / JVM ResourceBundle utilities handle the locale specific lookup. The way you are defining the resource bundles now can cause problematic overrides of the default fallback messages. You should only need

<list>
                <value>alfresco.web-extension.messages.slingshot</value>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>