Location of changed password (Alfresco - LDAP)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john2994

Location of changed password (Alfresco - LDAP)

I have successfully added ldap-ad to Alfresco. Now when i am creating a user in AD, it is synchronized with Alfresco and i got an Alfresco user in ECM. The question is, if a user Bob (that has been sync from AD) changes his password, in which authentication system will it change, Alfresco or AD?

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Location of changed password (Alfresco - LDAP)

When using LDAP/AD for authentication, Alfresco will not have any access to password - for all login requests, Alfresco delegates to LDAP/AD, and passwords are only stored / changed there. During synchronisation, only identity details (name, email etc.) are synchronized - never passwords.

john2994

So, if the user will try to change the password (in Alfresco), will he manage to do this ? What will happen ?

heiko_robert

anandsingh
Member II

We are in similar situation.  It seems Out of the box Alfresco does not provide password complexity and expiration.  So thought of using LDAP for user authentication and this works fine.  But then how will end user change their passwords.  The users created in Alfresco are synced into Alfresco but they are not allowed to change password. Can't Alfresco use LDAP API to change password into the LDAP?