cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akalanka95
Member II

I am working with Alfresco Content Service 5.2 for few months. I have a link to another web application through alfresco . What I need is to log in to that application without entering the login details twice if the user is already logged with alfresco.The ability to log in to the application is only for users that already registered in alfresco. How can I validate whether the user is logged in to alfresco after user been directed to the application through the link within alfresco. Is their any way to pass the ticket or username/passwords through that link and validate.

2 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Log in to another application using alfresco credentials

Hi:

It seems you are asking for some kind of SSO integration of alfresco and your custom app, with a third system like CAS or Kerberos. When login once, these SSO systems generate a ticket that may be used for different applications like alfresco.

Regards.

--C.

francesco_forna
Partner

Re: Log in to another application using alfresco credentials

Hi,

so you would like to use Alfresco as external authenticator for your new webapplication. Is it right?

As solution you are able to pass the user alf_ticket to your webapplication and use the REST API /alfresco/api/-default-/public/authentication/versions/1/tickets/-me- to check token validity from the web-application side.