Look for useful eBook of Alfresco Development

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddtien66

Look for useful eBook of Alfresco Development

Hi all,

I am looking for developer's book for Community edition , and run across this one

Alfresco One 5.x Developer's Guide - Second Edition | PACKT Books 

Though, I am not sure if 'Alfresco One' is referring to commercial Alfresco, or Community one. Could any one has read it give me advice.

Much appreciated! 

Tien

5 Replies
mme
Established Member

Re: Look for useful eBook of Alfresco Development

And what about a book, that collects best practices from different views? techician, developer, end-user . Alfresco as a kind of philosophy.greetz

roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

Hello,

Despite the fact that the book it's written in 2017 from Alfresco 5 if you are looking for a book about developing in Alfresco this is your best option.

About the type of Alfresco  this is a quote from the book:

"

What's used in this book
The vast majority of examples used in this book will work on both the Enterprise and
Community editions (5.1 and 201605, respectively). Where a specific release is required, it
will be noted wherever possible.

"

Most of the examples and tecniques are aplicables to current version, in any case you always can check Alfresco Developer guide from the documentation web to be up to date:

Developer guide | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards

mme
Established Member

Thanks, what about a book with best Practices from the end-user view? Are there collection of Sites, which end-user can import? Sharepoint offers from the beginning. For example:

The Management wants to have a knowledge Management System, a Task Workspace, a document registration and each site needs specialized datalists. Are there site-, dashlet- and data-templates (specialized orders of dashlets, Aikaus), you can easily import and adjust, to get sites fast to produtivity. Best Case: A comment to these templates with best practices: Ideas to to processes in f.e. Activiti.  For sure you you have adjuste these templates, they are not more than templates. Yes, you can develop all these things but we agree together, that these kind of developing needs much of man-power. A collection of templates makes the work with Alfresco much more faster and much more learnable. Ideas, hintes, critics?

Greetz Micha

jeffrosler
Partner

It's not a book, but I'd suggest going to Jeff Pott's set of developer tutorials https://ecmarchitect.com/alfresco-developer-series. He keeps it up to date and really covers all the basics well. Also, make sure to check out the order of the bee http://orderofthebee.org/. There's great posts there and the order promotes the Alfresco Community Edition.

mme
Established Member

Jeff Rosler‌ The Order of the Bees sounds like a nice community, but it looks a little bit dusty. Is the community still active?